Home

Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

This is a discussion on Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

So many resources have gone into MUT asnd franchise has been put on the backburner. This is a Football game, not a trading card game.

Last edited by Tdubs112; 12-14-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #66
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Fixed that for ya

-creating uniforms to purchase

-fixing player faces - to upgrade from the generic face through a micro transaction

-adding new plays (assuming there is a tool designed for that, and can't imagine why there wouldn't be) - which we could purchase a la carte

-getting online tools at some point based on how frequently and how much we spend in micro transactions

Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think you understand. Purchasing this is preferable to purchasing card books.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:54 AM   #67
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21

Huh?

I dont consider you an apologist at all. Ive read many of your posts over the years and you are very level headed and objective about the game. I am just not as forgiving as alot of the shortcoming as you seem to be. Thats not a knock on you at all, either....I wish I could enjoy the game more than I do.
Sorry, that last comment wasn't directed towards or at you at all, just apologize if it appeared that way.

Otherwise, we are good, you bring up some good points, too. And that is what I appreciate that people are allowed to discuss points, good or bad about any game without anyone coming in with a look out, here they come comment. It just interfere's with the current discussion.(not you)

I bring up 2k as greedy because they are a business too, they normally get a pass(understandably so) because they do have a more complete/better game at this time.

I think the calling out from 2k about franchise mode was a great calling card for Madden to step up franchise mode. Seems like it worked to sell upper management.

Kind of goes along the line of thinking/posting of timhere prior to this post.

Last edited by roadman; 12-14-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #68
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I don't think you understand. Purchasing this is preferable to purchasing card books.

I’ll concede. I don’t understand, nor can I comprehend card books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 12-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 3
Is Ultimate Team Ruining Madden (And other Sports Titles)

I think if you're purely an old school offline franchise person, the game is lackluster. I rarely go online. Video games aren't about being social for me. They've always been about shutting everything else out & relaxing for an hour or so.

With gaming going online, I think the drive to improve CPU ai hasn't been as great. CPU intelligence isn't as important when there's a human opponent.

I hope everyone has fun. I'd just like the CPU to be a bit better for offline play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by jmarcguy; 12-14-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #70
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Last year in a 2k forumn a developer asked for ideas for improvements to 2k myleqgue/gm. I posted that a pet peeve of mine is that when i am assigning percentages to train in each attribute i had to back out and scroll down to each rating to find out what the current rating was. It would be nice if i could see the current rating when looking at the screen to assign training percentages. Wasn't a big issue and i think the comment only had one like so not a big deal to the community. That is in the game this year. So, you can imagine the goodwill i have for 2k as a result of their responsiveness. Madden is at the other end of the spectrum. We finally got running qb's but 90 yard punts are not a enough concern to be fixed in their football game. Every basic improvement is like pulling teeth.
That's a huge point. It's why I have such respect for 2K. Sure, they're out for every cent they can get. They're a business. I get it. The game has bugs. But I can tangibly see wish list items myself, and many others OSers (nit stuff like sim the moment or whatever its called...) have requested be implemented year after year. This, knowing full well that offline franchise isn't a money maker or priority, really. Devs have said, hey guys, it may take a year or two or never, but we hear you and are working to satisfy your demo as well. I can deal with incremental improvements, just let me know you value my dollar as well with results.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #71
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sorry, that last comment wasn't directed towards or at you at all, just apologize if it appeared that way.

Otherwise, we are good, you bring up some good points, too. And that is what I appreciate that people are allowed to discuss points, good or bad about any game without anyone coming in with a look out, here they come comment. It just interfere's with the current discussion.(not you)

I bring up 2k as greedy because they are a business too, they normally get a pass(understandably so) because they do have a more complete/better game at this time.

I think the calling out from 2k about franchise mode was a great calling card for Madden to step up franchise mode. Seems like it worked to sell upper management.

Kind of goes along the line of thinking/posting of timhere prior to this post.
IDK if 2k has gotten a pass recently they got a lot of bad press (rightfully so) for VC but then EA came with SWBF2 and that got blasted lol. You can see the business side interfering with passion and development in all of these games

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #72
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
One of the creative leaders at Madden is Cam Weber, a former CFL QB, so, I don't think anyone can say there isn't anyone with football experience at the top and no love for football at the top.
Seeing this only upsets me more. If a former QB is there, then why is QB play not a lot better?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »