Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #73
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

I give a try to the patch , I play offline CFM and I not noticed this slowly run bug too, I had not download the latest roster yet ,I know that should be not related but maybe could?
Old 12-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #74
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Two questions on this.

1) Is this happening in CFM?

2) Is it happening after initial roster players have cycled out of CFM?

Yes to the first. Unsure about the second, but I would imagine any generated player with the trait will have the same effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Is it fair to call this bungling, and is it fair to note that Madden patches tend to have these sorts of significant, negative, unintended consequences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #76
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Is it fair to call this bungling, and is it fair to note that Madden patches tend to have these sorts of significant, negative, unintended consequences?
It's fair to call it an unfortunate bug, since that's what it is. (saw it in my game last night).

When you work on a game as massive as Madden - or any AAA game - sometimes a code change has unintended consequences. It's unfortunate, and hopefully it gets fixed. To call it incompetence misunderstands the incredibly aggressive professional environment of game development.

I've been on the other side of stuff like this plenty of times. It really sucks because the games I've worked on quite obviously goes through thorough QA before any update goes live, but for whatever reason a new bug doesn't get caught until users get their hands on it. It happens.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #77
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Good Lord they need to hire bug testers.

Being a bug tester for EA would be excellent job security.
Not at all. Ground-level QA personnel at Tiburon are 365-day independent contractor positions. Unless you successfully work your way up to a higher position such as QA Analyst, which is uncommon, job security isn't a thing.

QA in AAA video games in general is a thankless profession. It isn't glamorous work at all, the people who work in QA are typically overworked and underpaid, and they typically aren't employees so they are paid hourly and don't get things like health insurance or any other traditional employee benefits.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #78
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Yeah, it is not as bad with the HBs and other positions, but I have definitely noticed HBs slowing down before hitting the whole, skill players with the ball in open field slowing down so my defenders can easily catch them. This needs to fixed ASAP.

I have owned Madden 18 for 16 weeks; only during 2 1/2 of those, has the offline game actually been playable.
I've owned it since late August and it has been playable in Cloud CFM since the patch where they fixed stats not recording properly for me. All of the other bugs I see nit-picked a lot were not happening all that often, if ever, for me.

I feel like way too many people on this forum nit-pick instead of actually enjoying the game-play. Focusing way too much on bugs that aren't occurring that often. How can you ever hope to enjoy the game when all you do is focus on the negatives?

Since this really only appears to be affecting players with the "brace all" trait, it won't have much impact at all in my Cloud CFM. The CPU doesn't upgrade traits, so unless a player is drafted with that specific version of brace they won't have it. I've only seen it affect a couple players so far.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not at all. Ground-level QA personnel at Tiburon are 365-day independent contractor positions. Unless you successfully work your way up to a higher position such as QA Analyst, which is uncommon, job security isn't a thing.

QA in AAA video games in general is a thankless profession. It isn't glamorous work at all, the people who work in QA are typically overworked and underpaid, and they typically aren't employees so they are paid hourly and don't get things like health insurance or any other traditional employee benefits.
Thanks, man. I didn't know that. I guess noone is told to just "go play the game" either, right? They probably have assigned tasks relative to the update? So they may never know what the game actually plays like, in its entirety, post patch?
Old 12-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #80
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks, man. I didn't know that. I guess noone is told to just "go play the game" either, right? They probably have assigned tasks relative to the update? So they may never know what the game actually plays like, in its entirety, post patch?
I've even been apart of community staff helping test an MMO's patches and have them flop after being released. We even tested the patches on the test server before playing. But bugs really don't start popping up until the entire population starts playing and all aspects of the game are explored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »