Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #81
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
At the end of the game, Game stats do not match player stats. For example, Game stats showed that I only had 75 yds total passing. But Trubiski threw for 146 yds with no int. I added up my receivers catch yd which ends up being 171 yds. Game stats read that I had a total of 110 yds rushing, added up player rush yds and had 121. Howard had 76, Coleman had 23, and Trubiski had 22.
Sacks (realistically) do get counted against total offensive and passing yards, but not against individual passing yards, so that might be part of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I've owned it since late August and it has been playable in Cloud CFM since the patch where they fixed stats not recording properly for me. All of the other bugs I see nit-picked a lot were not happening all that often, if ever, for me.

I feel like way too many people on this forum nit-pick instead of actually enjoying the game-play. Focusing way too much on bugs that aren't occurring that often. How can you ever hope to enjoy the game when all you do is focus on the negatives?
The point of Madden for me (and many other similar players) is to play an offline single player franchise. For the first 13 weeks or so when the game was out, when the player could easily sack the AI 5-10 times per game calling mostly base defenses, and the QB would never scramble, basically handicapping the AI offense and creating wildly inaccurate stats, yes that is broken.

Similarly, when if every time the human kicks off the AI ends up at ~15 yd line (which has been the effect so far), and most AI players can be caught from behind in the open field because they slow down for no reason, similarly handicapping the AI offense and creating unrealistic stats, then yes that is broken as well.

This is not nitpicking. It is no fun to wrack up stats and win games when you know the AI teams are not really "trying." For the game to be considered functioning, it has to have a competent AI opponent, and the ability to produce generally believable results and stats from plausible strategies and play calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Since this really only appears to be affecting players with the "brace all" trait, it won't have much impact at all in my Cloud CFM. The CPU doesn't upgrade traits, so unless a player is drafted with that specific version of brace they won't have it. I've only seen it affect a couple players so far.
It seems to effect players with any trait besides "Never."

Anyway, on most rosters, the vast majority of offensive skill players have the "brace all" trait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Just so I can keep an eye out, is it simply the CPU KR/PR not sprinting after catching the ball? And not avoiding contact, or the opposite?
Old 12-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #83
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks, man. I didn't know that. I guess noone is told to just "go play the game" either, right? They probably have assigned tasks relative to the update? So they may never know what the game actually plays like, in its entirety, post patch?
You're on the right path.

Imagine if it was your job to play Madden ten hours a day (more than that if the studio is crunching; overnight office stays aren't uncommon in that case). While you are playing the game, you're not really even "playing" it. You get to do that sometimes, sure, but a lot of the time you are hammering the hell out of the new features in a very specific scripted and coordinated fashion to prove the game's stability and identify any issues. You are trying weird / intentionally bad user inputs to try to get the game to produce a bad state and error out. You are playing the same challenges in specific game modes Longshot repeatedly and trying to pass / fail each challenge with any possible combination of events to produce the final outcome. Likewise in the various Skills Trainer drills. You are attempting to replicate bugs reported elsewhere as to provide instructions for engineers (as so they can identify the problem conditions and write the fix).

At the end of the day, you don't want to play Madden when you get home. You're sick of it. You will want to do literally anything else.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #84
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Can this be fixed with a tuner, as opposed to a patch, thereby speeding up the process?

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #85
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Any chance they fix this via a tuner for online/cloud franchises prior to releasing a patch for offline franchises?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Can this be fixed with a tuner, as opposed to a patch, thereby speeding up the process?

Thanks.
Yeah, it will be pretty sucky if this fix for this is a month away.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #86
Xbox Series X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I bet they hammer it out server side pretty quick.

I know, I know, that doesn't help the offline crowd.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 0

Madden came back to life with 1.08.

Back on the shelf with 1.09.

They must do zero quality assurance, because it took to literally the opening kick off to deduce that something was wrong with the CPU sprint logic.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #88
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexInOrd
Madden came back to life with 1.08.

Back on the shelf with 1.09.

They must do zero quality assurance, because it took to literally the opening kick off to deduce that something was wrong with the CPU sprint logic.
They certainly do not bother to test full games against the CPU; no way this would have been missed if they had played out a couple of games with different teams.

If only I could go back to 1.07, I could have some fun with Madden this week(end).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »