Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #185
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
All they really need to do is issue an updated, edited roster with Brace For All Hits eliminated...

Anyone know if such a roster is already up on Madden Share?

Thanks!
No...no they dont. What about all of us who have CFMs and play with classic rosters?

They need to fix it King. No quick fix. Fix it right!!!
Madden 22
NBA 2K22
The Outer Worlds
No Mans Sky

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #186
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
No...no they dont. What about all of us who have CFMs and play with classic rosters?

And quickly. Not being able to play CFM during football season while having extended time away from work over the holidays is pathetic. EA, Id really like to enjoy your product, all you have to do is let me.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 12-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #187
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Was finally happy with QB play and enjoying my Franchise for the first time since 16, and then this. I know they do their best, but something has to happen to better prevent stuff like this. It's too frequent. I don't know if that's doing a beta release of a patch to a select group, or even allow a rollback.

I have some time off now and want to get after my CFM, and I know a lot of others here feel the same way. I think a lot of us even understand the constraints of the dev cycle, and are sympathetic in giving constructive feedback, and understanding we'll probably be waiting until November to get the game up to par. We just can't have this happen in no time after a big positive leap though. Tiburon deserved the praise for what they put out with 1.08, and they deserve some harsh criticism for letting this slip through. It is imo a single player gamebreaking bug, and it shouldn't happen half-way through the release cycle. Hopefully it's one-off and an anomaly of what we can expect going forward with Madden
Old 12-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #188
All Star

OVR: 21

Purely speculation on my part, but it almost feels like they have a real source control problem. It's like the modules they incorporate into updates are back leveled in some instances. That could be why we see old issues popping up again after updates and patches.

I can only imagine the amount of modules they have to "recompile" when they produce an patch or update. Partner this with the team admittedly not knowing what ramifications certain types of changes can have and you can wind up with a hot mess.

I have seen continued lack of sideline awareness recently for receivers and backs. I see receivers continuing to run patterns 5-15 yards out of bounds. I see ball carriers not making sharp enough turns to avoid going out of bounds. I thought this stuff was addressed last year? It's back. Just an example, but you see what I mean...

C

Last edited by capa; 12-19-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #189
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
No...no they don’t. What about all of us who have CFM’s and play with classic rosters?

Well pardon my pessimism, but based on past performance, the odds on "fix it right" aren't great...

Ergo my "Hail Mary" suggestion / roster share question...

Would help me kill some time until they do (or don't) address all this sufficiently...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 12-19-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #190
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

They also need to address the pass commit/pancake glitch that they introduced a few patches ago. Leads to 1-2 really big runs a game with horrible mirror pancakes across the offensive line.

I'm usually pretty patient with EA and their staff as I do appreciate that they respond to consumer questions on social media pretty actively, but it is pretty disappointing to have to put a game aside because post-release patches have messed up the gameplay so much.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 12-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #191
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Again, not to be the voice of doom and gloom, but there is no way they are issuing a fix during the Madden Challenge, at least not this week with ongoing events. They can piss us off but there is no way they risk pissing off the competitive crowd.

This is unbelievable. Most of us are doing are best to play the game with what we have and then every other patch or so they introduce another issue that we either have to work around or put the game on the shelf until its get fixed again.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #192
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Not trying to add some salt to the cituation but i guarantee if this was affecting online head to head play it wouldve been fixed as soon as it was reported.

I think there is more too it than just the slow runner bug.(i hope) ive seen wrs stalling at the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped at least once a game and im getting where the whole line will pancake the defense on running plays in excess again. None of this was there previous patch. Whatever that patch did they just need to back it out. I also threw an int inside my endzone they ran it out to the 6 but fumbled, recovered their own fumble. On the next play it was 4th and 92 for them?!! Smh. The int wasnt registered in the stats. I have never seen that.

This game is in a bad spot right now. My two games i used to love (destiny and madden) are terrible right now. Very dissapointing

In hope of a patch fix soon! Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Good post man..The excessive pancake glitch and stalling at the line of scrimmage by wrs has been in the game ore-1.07 patch ..The RB glitch regarding the traits is new but I had games where the ballcarrier would go into that slow run pre-patch..I thought it was a frame rate issue but it might have been a precursor to the glitch now... What I have noticed progressively is the QB play is different, the CPU AI is different, the db coverage is different, and the rag dolling tackle animations are back..The RB's fought for yards last patch but it's back to the one and done tackles...I think one code was tuned and it subsequently through everything out of whack..This might be a harder fix than what we think so I am not sittting and waiting on it..I hope a good patch is put out thatimproves gameplay and hopefully adds some realism to the game..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »