Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2017, 02:55 PM   #201
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
I was thinking of a simple but simple equation, if you're not able to program a patch, you're probably not be able to program a videogame, and if you're not be able to program a videogame, maybe you're not be able to program a patch. bingo.
With current patch changing qbs to never does help. Overall with it off for all the major ball carriers, the game really opens up. Seen someone mention the High Motor trait also has an effect. Haven’t tested that yet.

If you’ve got the previous patch, I don’t, digital copy, but changing covers the ball to never for opposing qb (quick change) may take away the qb glitch. They may have so much confidence that they won’t fumble, they’d rather take the sack.

Seems like the covers ball trait jacks up the whole game. Haven’t tried putting defensive players to never on covers ball, but next game I will. I’m thinking this may be the problem with coverage. Just a theory.

This new patch may’ve Been a blessing in disguise in that it’s showing us what a particular trait does to the game.

Last edited by tommycoa; 12-19-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 04:00 PM   #202
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Bingo!!! Excellent post my man..I was actually having a blast and accidently downloaded the patch..kicking myself...ugghhh
I know, I wish I got more games in. Now we wait in hope. Ashame, it really was playing great.

I had my connection to WiFi turned off! But reconnected because my son downloaded a game

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by cable guy; 12-19-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #203
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I keep coming home from work, hoping to see it announced that 1.09 has dropped, but to no avail. Back to MLB the Show and World of Warships . . .

Still three more days before Christmas break, so here is hoping . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I usually try to stay positive, but the game hasn’t been the same since 1.07. I know the vitriol is on 1.08 but 1.07 was a horrible patch too aside from the qb fix. All pro is a mess right now with weak coverage and so on. The ‘slowdown ‘ glitch is just icing on the cake, rendering user vs cpu play untenable.

I would almost rather go back to 1.06 and the qb ai issues than deal with the current mess.
Completely disagree; even if 1.08 hurt AI play in other areas, having a QB AI that is actually challenging (and does not let your team break the NFL sack record every year) is so crucial to the game that it would almost be worth it to sacrifice other elements of the game to get that right.

But that said, I did not notice a significant difference in defense vs offense outcomes in 1.07 vs 1.08, other than that AI generally had better offense due to not being killed by sacks every 2-4 passing plays.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 12-19-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #204
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I usually try to stay positive, but the game hasn’t been the same since 1.07. I know the vitriol is on 1.08 but 1.07 was a horrible patch too aside from the qb fix. All pro is a mess right now with weak coverage and so on. The ‘slowdown ‘ glitch is just icing on the cake, rendering user vs cpu play untenable.

I would almost rather go back to 1.06 and the qb ai issues than deal with the current mess.
As hopeful as I've been,I'm starting to think fully patched '16 will end up being the pinnacle of Madden gameplay. It's otherwise just a continuous exercise in frustration. Plug one hole and another one exposes itself. Kinda reminds me of that Three Stooges plumbing episode.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #205
Pro

OVR: 2

Making edit changes does help. The game played so much better before the last patch. Still had issues, but not like now. I have spent the time changing every QB, WR, TE, and RB to big hits, medium hits or never. It does help with the slow running and returns. BUT.

Still the running game has changed. So many tackles for loss now. QB's are running and constantly throwing across body when field is wide open for them to run. Many are crossing LOS and then throwing. But for me, the worst part is the QB throwing the dump off to a RB who is two yds in front of him instead of throwing it away. I can't stand the amount of dump off passes to RB near the sidelines who has a wide open field and runs directly out of bounds. Just way way to many of them. This has been a problem through all the Maddens. You think by now they would have fixed the logic.

I have really never noticed it that much but I have seen a lot of pancakes lately especially watching as my whole defensive line fall flat on there backs. On offense sometimes my guard just stands motionless guarding no one. Also my CB's and LB sometimes just freeze as the QB scampers down the side line and don't react until he is about two yds in front of them. All of my games are in All Pro and franchise and the majority are PTM or watching CPU vs CPU.

Is it possible to reinstall the game ( store bought CD ) and DL all but the last patch. I now worry that after taking all this time to edit, The patch If they ever make one will change everything again. On the other hand. I really don't want to wait until they patch it. Who knows what that will break or how long it will take. This has not been a good year for Madden off line Franchise players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #206
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

5 days after his initial response without any sort of update. Plenty of tweets around this weeks challenge events tho!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 12-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #207
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I know, I wish I got more games in. Now we wait in hope. Ashame, it really was playing great.

I had my connection to WiFi turned off! But reconnected because my son downloaded a game

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
The worst part is that the big addition from patch that ruined everything is a feature I haven't even used yet, I really wish I didn't dl the patch
Old 12-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #208
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

For those who shelved the game after this patch. How many games were played before the final straw that broke the camels back and you put it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »