Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #209
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
For those who shelved the game after this patch. How many games were played before the final straw that broke the camels back and you put it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm still playing it. Having fun for the most part. Definitely some weird things in coverage, but not completely terrible. The user defenders not going after a scrambling QB is just meaning I have to manually switch faster. RB is still pushing through even if they had TFL. The bummer happens when it's like 3rd and 1 and they run, and get blown up. The game still surprises me though, and am still having fun.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:34 PM   #210
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

I have some free time and a disc version of the game. I have nothing important saved, as far as offline or online franchise is concerned. I'm willing to be a guinea pig if you guys want me to try some things out and see if it "fixes the game" for offline or online cfm.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 12-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #211
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm still playing it. Having fun for the most part. Definitely some weird things in coverage, but not completely terrible. The user defenders not going after a scrambling QB is just meaning I have to manually switch faster. RB is still pushing through even if they had TFL. The bummer happens when it's like 3rd and 1 and they run, and get blown up. The game still surprises me though, and am still having fun.

I always get curious when I see any series of posts about gameplay because the statistician in me starts wondering what the sample size is and whether it’s representative of an issue, or a one off we think is a systemic problem.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #212
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the issue with QBs scrambling outside of the pocket and then throwing across their body is because they aren't scramble QBs. I saw ARod do it a bunch. But guys like Wilson have no issue tucking the ball away and running for the 1st down. It probably has to do with EA being lazy and adjusting a scramble slider, which now has pocket passers and balanced QBs scrambling way more than they should. And because they aren't scrambler QBs they still try to throw outside the pocket.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #213
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Are comalnies still charged fees to patch their games? I seem to remember this being a thing in the 360/PS3 days and was a reason why sports games on average received 3 patches per release. Maybe there's something to that setup; longer, and would allow comalnies more time to work on and test patches before they are deployed?

Just a thought.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #214
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I always get curious when I see any series of posts about gameplay because the statistician in me starts wondering what the sample size is and whether it’s representative of an issue, or a one off we think is a systemic problem.

Unfortunately the stats will be misleading because the CPU is averaging 4 ypc against my Titans defense, but that doesn't show for the times when my defensive line just busts through, or the RB decides to juke backwards instead of hitting the hole.

By no means would I be starting a real franchise right now, because so many stats will be skewed - and it's tough to accept some of the stats at the end of the day.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #215
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
For those who shelved the game after this patch. How many games were played before the final straw that broke the camels back and you put it down?
I haven't permanently shelved the game, but it's out my "rotation". But, for me, once I saw the animation that killed it, it wasn't number of games or stats, it was the sheer fact that it happened. And honestly, it's not that it's THAT bad and there IS a workable fix...but, we've been battling this game all year so I think that "patch fatigue" set in for me....

Truthfully, if we had a global roster editor like for NCAA14 (I would seriously pay good money for that), this would be a total non-issue for me. I'd do a global edit and be done with it. Alas.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #216
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Of all the stuff that has gone wrong with this patch, returners bringing everything out of the endzone is the biggest game killer for me. I'm going to have to start purposely kicking short or else the cpu will be constantly starting inside their 15. It sucks that the regular season might be over by the time the game is functioning properly again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »