Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #217
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Of all the stuff that has gone wrong with this patch, returners bringing everything out of the endzone is the biggest game killer for me. I'm going to have to start purposely kicking short or else the cpu will be constantly starting inside their 15. It sucks that the regular season might be over by the time the game is functioning properly again.
I love that they bring it out, especially in the preseason.
This is how most returners make the team, so taking a knee is not optional.

Rather than asking to universally tuned so it doesn’t happen, we should be asking them to program the Return Rating to dictate the % chance the returner will run it out of the end zone and/or have a n aggressive nature towards fielding punts.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #218
All Star

OVR: 21

That makes a lot of sense.

Unfortunately, I have lost all faith in this dev team and its leadership. The facts show that they do not know how to add/correct items without breaking other areas. It's akin to using fingers to stop the leaks in the dam. You plug one and another one opens.

Something is seriously wrong with the state of the game...at least for offline SIM players. I can't put any faith in any statements that come out of the dev shop and/or leadership team. They have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not capable of producing a stable product that represents what the vast majority of their audience is clamoring for.

I don't know if new leadership would even have an affect on that. It just seems hopeless. Each year seems to get worse.

C
Old 12-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #219
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Nah, new leadership wouldn't help because people would complain about that leadership and the prior leadership, etc.....

Two words: Legacy coding and it's a huge undertaking from my understanding.

Legacy coding isn't going anywhere and neither would new leadership.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #220
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, new leadership wouldn't help because people would complain about that leadership and the prior leadership, etc.....

Two words: Legacy coding and it's a huge undertaking from my understanding.

Legacy coding isn't going anywhere and neither would new leadership.
I don't complain much even though there are many things I do not like about the game. I hear lots of things said about legacy coding and how it impacts everything with Madden.

Is it not time to do a long term re-write of the game with new coding. Something that is worked on over the course of several years like the Longshot addition was done?

That is the part I don't understand. Everyone talks about how old the coding is and how difficult it is, but nobody seems to do anything about the root of the legacy coding issue. Maybe I just don't know enough about game development to understand why this hasn't been done.

As a common person I would imagine switching to the current engine would have been an ideal opportunity to rewrite the code to current standards for the new engine so you could build from there. Just my thoughts.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #221
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #222
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I love that they bring it out, especially in the preseason.
This is how most returners make the team, so taking a knee is not optional.

Rather than asking to universally tuned so it doesn’t happen, we should be asking them to program the Return Rating to dictate the % chance the returner will run it out of the end zone and/or have a n aggressive nature towards fielding punts.
That sounds great but at this point I have no faith in them to implement that correctly without breaking something else. I just want them to roll back to before the last patch and let me enjoy my game. Guys constantly bringing out kicks that are 7-8 yards deep and getting stuffed inside the 15 is not fun to me
Old 12-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #223
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Heh... thats my Twitter.

It sounds like they have the cause down pat. However his response didnt really indicate if we will see a patch before the Xmas break or not, just that they're working on it.

I have just been super-simming all CPU offense and all kicks to the CPU to avoid the glitch. It's been kind of boring not playing defense at all.

I think what I will do from now on is each week when I am about to play my game against a CPU team, I will go into their roster and edit their brace for hits trait on all of their RB's, WR's and TE's. After the game I can edit that team back. It creates lots of work to fix things, but at least that way I dont half to super-sim 1/2 of each game.

Man, I hope they fix it soon... I was really hoping to play lots of Destiny 2 and Madden 18 over the Xmas break.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #224
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

This is jacked up. Also, I'm getting herky jerky on replays bug, where I didn't even have that problem before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »