Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #225
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Heh... thats my Twitter.

It sounds like they have the cause down pat. However his response didnt really indicate if we will see a patch before the Xmas break or not, just that they're working on it.

I have just been super-simming all CPU offense and all kicks to the CPU to avoid the glitch. It's been kind of boring not playing defense at all.

I think what I will do from now on is each week when I am about to play my game against a CPU team, I will go into their roster and edit their brace for hits trait on all of their RB's, WR's and TE's. After the game I can edit that team back. It creates lots of work to fix things, but at least that way I dont half to super-sim 1/2 of each game.

Man, I hope they fix it soon... I was really hoping to play lots of Destiny 2 and Madden 18 over the Xmas break.

Nice! Glad you at least received some feedback. What’s the risk of not editing the traits back? I’m thinking I might just leave them alone once I edit.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #226
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I usually try to stay positive, but the game hasn’t been the same since 1.07. I know the vitriol is on 1.08 but 1.07 was a horrible patch too aside from the qb fix. All pro is a mess right now with weak coverage and so on. The ‘slowdown ‘ glitch is just icing on the cake, rendering user vs cpu play untenable.

I would almost rather go back to 1.06 and the qb ai issues than deal with the current mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
As hopeful as I've been,I'm starting to think fully patched '16 will end up being the pinnacle of Madden gameplay. It's otherwise just a continuous exercise in frustration. Plug one hole and another one exposes itself. Kinda reminds me of that Three Stooges plumbing episode.
There is the answer for me. I again for the second time have shelved M18 and am enjoying the heck out of 16.

The problem is I love the CFM stuff that was improved for 18 (and to a lesser degree 17) Practice squads, score ticker, fast menus, awesome running game, better WR/DB interactions etc etc etc.

Just get the game back to where it was after the CPU QB AI fix patch. I can enjoy it from there.

I am sure it will be fixed....when I don't know. Until then M18 is out of the rotation. Simple as that. And no doubt I am not even sniffing Madden in August, September or even October. At best it will be a Black Friday purchase in 2018. At best. I am over all this.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #227
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
This is jacked up. Also, I'm getting herky jerky on replays bug, where I didn't even have that problem before.
Yep, I've been getting a lot of those replays on the 1X recently as well. I know if you play on "slow" or "very slow" speed, there's a bug in the replays where it tries to catch up to the action, so it'll show a warp. I've been playing on "normal" speed on the 1X and everything had been smooth so far, but getting a lot of hiccups in the replays recently.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #228
Rookie

IlliniOne82's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm still playing it. Having fun for the most part. Definitely some weird things in coverage, but not completely terrible. The user defenders not going after a scrambling QB is just meaning I have to manually switch faster. RB is still pushing through even if they had TFL. The bummer happens when it's like 3rd and 1 and they run, and get blown up. The game still surprises me though, and am still having fun.
This about sums up my feelings. The slow running bug is certainly there but the CPU can still run the ball against me. The long runs aren't there but I'm certainly not stuffing them behind the line every attempt. I haven't experienced the "QB won't scramble" or "CPU runs it out from 9 yards deep in the endzone" issue that others have mentioned. The kick returns when they do bring it out are a problem but I can deal with that until it's fixed.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #229
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That sounds great but at this point I have no faith in them to implement that correctly without breaking something else. I just want them to roll back to before the last patch and let me enjoy my game. Guys constantly bringing out kicks that are 7-8 yards deep and getting stuffed inside the 15 is not fun to me
Honestly, this is why Comp/MUT are having no problem having the devs tune the game based on their feedback.

It’s like CFM folk would rather note a “but” then dialogue their reason for the but.

Look at most of the leading threads for Madden on this forum.
They’re pretty much all the same dialogue about the game.

This CFM Gameplay focuses around using the “Delta” of Player Ratings to dictate outcomes and triggering animations, yet there’s not one thread about Tuning to the levels CFM wants.

I wonder how many CFM gamers here even know what Delta is, and it’s functionality in the mode they claim to be part of?

I mean not one thread discussing any Tuning levels for CFM, not one!!!

Default EA rosters and their updates, are rated for H2H Comp/MUT Play Style and Slider folk are spending countless hours/days trying to use the sliders to get the game to play at Sim level, when several of the issues would be alleviated if the Delta’s where tuned for Sim Play Style.

This is not at you, but there are posters (check their historical postings) who love to drive every topic towards talking about something in a negative light and sadly, I see a lot of Sim folk following right down this rabbit hole.

Can we at least get into discussing Tuning levels for Sim Play Style, that can/will be done for M18?

Otherwise, Sim Play Style will continued to tag along with Comp/MUT levels being universally applied to it.

Tuning discussions is something I can get down with.
All this other stuff being discussed in these threads doesn’t do anything for my $60 purchase.

Again, not directed at you, just trying to sound an alarm that CFM folk in this forum must redirect their focus at this point towards Tuning for the Play Style.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #230
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Honestly, this is why Comp/MUT are having no problem having the devs tune the game based on their feedback.

It’s like CFM folk would rather note a “but” then dialogue their reason for the but.

Look at most of the leading threads for Madden on this forum.
They’re pretty much all the same dialogue about the game.

This CFM Gameplay focuses around using the “Delta” of Player Ratings to dictate outcomes and triggering animations, yet there’s not one thread about Tuning to the levels CFM wants.

I wonder how many CFM gamers here even know what Delta is, and it’s functionality in the mode they claim to be part of?

I mean not one thread discussing any Tuning levels for CFM, not one!!!

Default EA rosters and their updates, are rated for H2H Comp/MUT Play Style and Slider folk are spending countless hours/days trying to use the sliders to get the game to play at Sim level, when several of the issues would be alleviated if the Delta’s where tuned for Sim Play Style.

This is not at you, but there are posters (check their historical postings) who love to drive every topic towards talking about something in a negative light and sadly, I see a lot of Sim folk following right down this rabbit hole.

Can we at least get into discussing Tuning levels for Sim Play Style, that can/will be done for M18?

Otherwise, Sim Play Style will continued to tag along with Comp/MUT levels being universally applied to it.

Tuning discussions is something I can get down with.
All this other stuff being discussed in these threads doesn’t do anything for my $60 purchase.

Again, not directed at you, just trying to sound an alarm that CFM folk in this forum must redirect their focus at this point towards Tuning for the Play Style.
Why aren't there tuner options for the player in Madden like in NHL? Like we could pick version 1.06, 1.07 etc to use in our cfm?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 12-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #231
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
Why aren't there tuner options for the player in Madden like in NHL? Like we could pick version 1.06, 1.07 etc to use in our cfm?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
We’ve had Patches that include some tunning that’s universal across all Play Styles, but no Tuners specific towards Sim Play Style.

This has been brought up by a few to the devs via Twitter, but the Sim comm as a whole is not voicing it as a request, which is needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #232
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Nice! Glad you at least received some feedback. What’s the risk of not editing the traits back? I’m thinking I might just leave them alone once I edit.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I would edit the traits back so when they do put a patch out to fix it, I dont have to try and remember each player I edited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »