Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #281
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

I got a Twitter account just to see some of the news from Madden that seemed slow to make it over here, but yeah, I probably check Twitter about once a month on average (if that). Quite frankly, I think the whole thing is sort of silly.

It does make sense that people more interested in online gaming would also have a heavier presence on Twitter. The offline gamer, probably by definition, is not as interested in the online social "scene."

I hope the Madden "big shots" are not mistaking Twitter response for an accurate representation of the opinions of Madden gamers in general, but I am sort of suspicious they are (for example, the whole thing about the supposedly massive negative response to DH calls for Madden 16-17, despite never seeing a peep about it on any Madden related media I visited).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #282
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I got a Twitter account just to see some of the news from Madden that seemed slow to make it over here, but yeah, I probably check Twitter about once a month on average (if that). Quite frankly, I think the whole thing is sort of silly.

It does make sense that people more interested in online gaming would also have a heavier presence on Twitter. The offline gamer, probably by definition, is not as interested in the online social "scene."

I hope the Madden "big shots" are not mistaking Twitter response for an accurate representation of the opinions of Madden gamers in general, but I am sort of suspicious they are (for example, the whole thing about the supposedly massive negative response to DH calls for Madden 16-17, despite never seeing a peep about it on any Madden related media I visited).
Let’s start a Twitter army with sim, offline, Maddenites. We need to be represented.

I just don’t really understand Twitter or how in the hell it came relevant, but if our voice needs to be heard, we need to put it out there.

Seems like we could get thousands of voices from here. It’s about the only place left that’s popular that fools with Madden sliders/rosters anymore.

We just need to unite. Be like Moses on Twitter. “Let out people sim.”

We just don’t need to be too aggressive with them yet. Maybe make a video to show how long it takes to set player to covers the ball never and all the other fixes we have to do when we could be playing.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #283
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Letís start a Twitter army with sim, offline, Maddenites. We need to be represented.

I just donít really understand Twitter or how in the hell it came relevant, but if our voice needs to be heard, we need to put it out there.

Seems like we could get thousands of voices from here. Itís about the only place left thatís popular that fools with Madden sliders/rosters anymore.

We just need to unite. Be like Moses on Twitter. ďLet out people sim.Ē

We just donít need to be too aggressive with them yet. Maybe make a video to show how long it takes to set player to covers the ball never and all the other fixes we have to do when we could be playing.
I'm personally trying to start-up in being more active on Twitter myself with the devs. Not just because of the current issues, but really in an effort to at least express my views with them and to try to offer a counter-balance to the online folks.

Begin asking questions, begin to put ideas in their heads. We can (with class) begin challenging the current state of the game for "sim heads".
Old 12-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #284
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm personally trying to start-up in being more active on Twitter myself with the devs. Not just because of the current issues, but really in an effort to at least express my views with them and to try to offer a counter-balance to the online folks.

Begin asking questions, begin to put ideas in their heads. We can (with class) begin challenging the current state of the game for "sim heads".
Letís do it, man.

How should we organize this?

Probably best to have spokesmen for the community, then people from here like/share/comment on out issues. But try to do the issues one day at a time.

As a cpu vs cpu guy, Iíd Like to know what setup they use when they ďpredict the Super Bowl.Ē

No way they do it on default. Thereíd be 16 tackles for a loss between both teams.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #285
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Letís do it, man.

How should we organize this?

Probably best to have spokesmen for the community, then people from here like/share/comment on out issues. But try to do the issues one day at a time.

As a cpu vs cpu guy, Iíd Like to know what setup they use when they ďpredict the Super Bowl.Ē

No way they do it on default. Thereíd be 16 tackles for a loss between both teams.
I actually think having 1 person is counter-productive....1 sim person (even one representing the community...which btw, isn't entirely realistic as the community itself is heterogeneous) is going to be out-numbered by the other folks. I think people in sim community need to step-up as individuals, follow each other, like the posts, re-tweet things they agree with, etc. It's more of a numbers game....they start seeing posts from sim guys that are getting 100s of 'likes' and 'retweets'...it might begin to carry more weight.

Grousing about things here in the OS forum isn't going to do anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #286
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I actually think having 1 person is counter-productive....1 sim person (even one representing the community...which btw, isn't entirely realistic as the community itself is heterogeneous) is going to be out-numbered by the other folks. I think people in sim community need to step-up as individuals, follow each other, like the posts, re-tweet things they agree with, etc. It's more of a numbers game....they start seeing posts from sim guys that are getting 100s of 'likes' and 'retweets'...it might begin to carry more weight.

Grousing about things here in the OS forum isn't going to do anything.
Cool man. I donít know anything about Twitter. Was told to get on there for my writing career, felt cheap doing that, and I didnít understand how it worked or why it was important.

Crazy that itís Madden making me want to tweet, compared to the writing thing. Maybe this will give me practice run to boost the writing stuff.

Just tired of the guys like us, older players, without us, Madden wouldnít still be here and they need to know that. Thatís whatís frustrating about this. Iím 37, been playing madden for over 20 years. We should matter.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #287
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Just tired of the guys like us, older players, without us, Madden wouldn’t still be here and they need to know that. That’s what’s frustrating about this. I’m 37, been playing madden for over 20 years. We should matter.
Sort of sad we are the "older guys" now.

The march of time never stops for a rest, I guess.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #288
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Sort of sad we are the "older guys" now.

The march of time never stops for a rest, I guess.
Just think of ourselves as, “young at heart.”

We’re the beginning of the video game generation

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »