Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #361
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yep, I get the frustration, lucky for me, I can work with changing the ball carrier traits right before the game. Takes less than 5 minutes of my time, so, that isn't a gamebreaker for me, just frustrating. I don't run into the pancakes that much because I call my own plays.

I get the month reference, but the holidays definitely impeded with the title update. I haven't seen Clint on Twitter since New Years Day and Rex mentioned he was flying back to Orlando today.

These people have families and take off around this time of the year besides just the holidays.

And I'm sure MS/Sony people take extended leaves around the holidays as well.

There isn't much one can do with personal vacation/holiday time.
Do you have to have 32-team control to edit players in CFM, or can you edit ĮPU teams if you just User one team?
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2018, 08:20 PM   #362
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Do you have to have 32-team control to edit players in CFM, or can you edit ĮPU teams if you just User one team?
You can edit CPU players in a single-team franchise...thank goodness
Old 01-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #363
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yep, I get the frustration, lucky for me, I can work with changing the ball carrier traits right before the game. Takes less than 5 minutes of my time, so, that isn't a gamebreaker for me, just frustrating. I don't run into the pancakes that much because I call my own plays.

I get the month reference, but the holidays definitely impeded with the title update. I haven't seen Clint on Twitter since New Years Day and Rex mentioned he was flying back to Orlando today.

These people have families and take off around this time of the year besides just the holidays.

And I'm sure MS/Sony people take extended leaves around the holidays as well.

There isn't much one can do with personal vacation/holiday time.
They could have not broken the game... Madden seems to be the only game I purchase that sits on a yearly basis because it literally doesn't work.

The fact that it doesn't bother you much doesn't offer much solace to those it does, nor does the developer's vacation time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #364
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Here's what frustrates me more than anything about this. The game has been out coming up on 5 months. By the time the new update comes out, this running in mud glitch will be about a month old. That means that for 20% of the game's release, those who play against the CPU, particularly offline CFM, have an unplayable game if you are looking for something close to realism. Yes I know we can edit traits and all that, but that's ridiculous.

20% of the time its been crapped up, and we're ok with this? Heck, they're OK with this?
Between the QB statue issue and now this, we've only had a few weeks out of the five months where I'd say the game played well
Old 01-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #365
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It hasn't been unplayable if one wants to be a semanticist about it, but the percentage of time that the game has been in a state that is not an enjoyable experience for hardcore User vs CPU players is way, way too high.

It's difficult because our segment of the customer base doesn't have those handful of people who really have the ear or the dev team in the way the most high profile competitive players do. We don't have someone who can make Rex come out issue a heartfelt public mea culpa for wrecking some aspect of the CPU's gameplay.

In any of the long interviews that Rex or Clint might give during the year, starting with EA Play, there's no one who asks 15 or 20 hard hitting questions about User vs CPU, CFM play. They ask about CFM, but they don't press them on CPU improvements.

We'll see where the game is at after the next update, but sometime before M19 I hope that someone can get one of them to acknowledge that they need to do better job of having the game release and then updated in fashion that make most of our crowd shelve the game for weeks at a time.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2018, 11:48 PM   #366
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
They could have not broken the game... Madden seems to be the only game I purchase that sits on a yearly basis because it literally doesn't work.

The fact that it doesn't bother you much doesn't offer much solace to those it does, nor does the developer's vacation time.

Never said it didn't bother me, just saying I've been able to work around the issue. All depends if you want to spend 5 minutes before each game or put the game on the shelf. I prefer to take the 5 minutes and not wait around for a title update that I don't know when it's arriving.

Reyes the Roof though reminded me about the statue QB I forgot all about and that one has me more irked than the current stuck in the mud stuff.

Last edited by roadman; 01-04-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:19 AM   #367
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88

WWE 2K18 gives Madden a heck of a run for its broken, legacy coded awfulness....they are peerless up there.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-04-2018, 01:23 AM   #368
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

We'll see where the game is at after the next update, but sometime before M19 I hope that someone can get one of them to acknowledge that they need to do better job of having the game release and then updated in fashion that make most of our crowd shelve the game for weeks at a time.

I'm going to have a hard time believing anything they say if they do respond to the poor handling of the human vs cpu issues. I get the feeling I'll be so much less frustrated if I just wait for this to get fixed and keep playing 18 through next season. The game has the potential to be fun but I feel like I got ripped off by EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »