Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #369
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Never said it didn't bother me, just saying I've been able to work around the issue. All depends if you want to spend 5 minutes before each game or put the game on the shelf. I prefer to take the 5 minutes and not wait around for a title update that I don't know when it's arriving.

Reyes the Roof though reminded me about the statue QB I forgot all about and that one has me more irked than the current stuck in the mud stuff.
I don’t want to wreck my player trait ratings for the sake of playing...then when a fix comes out....all those players have the wrong intended traits. Then I have to go down the slider rabbit hole to balance fumbles again and who knows what else etc etc.

Quite frankly I love playing The Show and NBA 2K18 so shelving the game was a no brainer while we wait around for a fix to 1.08

But this is just ridiculous. This entire thing has become comical in that the patches are clearly not QA properly for offline CFM players who go against the CPU. It is crystal clear we are the lowest player on the Madden trough.

Quite the opposite with The Show and 2K which deliver excellent (nothing is ever perfect) offline single play franchise gameplay year in year out.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #370
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I don’t want to wreck my player trait ratings for the sake of playing...then when a fix comes out....all those players have the wrong intended traits. Then I have to go down the slider rabbit hole to balance fumbles again and who knows what else etc etc.

Quite frankly I love playing The Show and NBA 2K18 so shelving the game was a no brainer while we wait around for a fix to 1.08

But this is just ridiculous. This entire thing has become comical in that the patches are clearly not QA properly for offline CFM players who go against the CPU. It is crystal clear we are the lowest player on the Madden trough.

Quite the opposite with The Show and 2K which deliver excellent (nothing is ever perfect) offline single play franchise gameplay year in year out.
To each their own.

Once a fix comes, that should straighten everything out.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #371
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

A month. A freaking month that this has been going on (assuming its fixed early to mid next week). I can make peace with some legacy things not being fixed or tuning not being quite right, but to release something (CPU running) that largely worked, at least with respect to speed, and then to nerf it horribly with a title update, and to wait a month to get a fix in, is unacceptable.

If you told me that they didn't tune draft classes properly from OOTB or that formation subs didn't stick, I'm not happy about it. But if those things worked and then were broken in a patch, why isn't that top priority? Our job as consumers isn't to fix their broken stuff. We already do workarounds with playbooks and formation subs for CPU teams to make it play realistically, but this is a different animal. This is fixing the game at its core so that the on field game play on a per play basis actually looks like football.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #372
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

I think we have the right to be upset/angry about the current Madden situation. What we basically have been given is what equates to an "early access" type of game.

I think of PUBG and yes it has flaws, but it's still in early access, so it's expected to be flawed, and the price reflects that.

Madden has been released as a "complete" game, but yet here we are in January with a game that is broken for those of us who play single player offline franchise. Work around, sure, but with a "complete" game, there shouldn't be a work around needed to get it to play properly.

Combine that with the insane amount of legacy issues that for whatever reason still remain, and I can definitively state that I will NEVER buy the "GOAT" edition or whatever they call it in the future, again.

I will only ever buy the plain, vanilla, retail version, and probably only after it goes on sale in January and get it used. I do not plan to buy the game on release date at full retail price ever again. A used copy a few months down the road will suffice just fine. I'll play NCAA 2014 to get my football fix until I purchase Madden.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:03 PM   #373
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
To each their own.

Once a fix comes, that should straighten everything out.
Right. And I'm all in on that, hope wise. But have they even released a single title update this year that didn't break something else in the process? Doesnt seem like it....and for the record, I do the workaround and would actually be just fine if they stayed the hell away from it from here on out. I'm having fun with it, and don't mind edits....

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #374
Rookie

BillzMafia716's Arena

How do we go about asking for our money back? I feel if enough ppl did this, they'd put some urgency into a fix. Plus I want a reimbursement for this bs "GOAT" edition. Payed $80 for the worst Madden experience ever
Old 01-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #375
Pro

OVR: 2

Yep, I hate it. The time I spend experimenting, testing, and trying to fix the game, making it playable to my liking. Then a patch comes out breaks things and changes everything. It’s BS.

But I love FB so what choice do I have at this point. I also noticed that punt and kick blocking have been toned down, which is OK. Haven't had a block in 11 games and that the CPU kickers rarely miss FG 's again. I had it tuned pretty well.

I edit each teams OB's, HB's, WR's, TE's and if they use a CB or Safety to return punts or kicks, I write down what trait each one of them had then return them at the end of the game. I do that to so the mud running isn't really affecting me. It's the freezing and the lock ups that are still happening in PTM. The pancake issue, the defensive line falling down, It changes game outcomes and usually results in a TD when it happens. The horrible CPU play calling, the stupid dump off passes and receiver runs out of bounds for no reason and the QB issues are the biggest issues that frustrate me the most.

I only play sports games, and because of my age, my hands don't work well so I usually play only games that can play CPU vs. CPU. And don't require quick response and a million buttons. Thank God for games like the SHOW, The best sports game there is in my opinion and the support that the company puts into that game. EA should learn something from them. Baseball season is almost here so looking forward to that and I also love THE GOLF CLUB 2 game. Not a fan a basket ball, don’t know much about soccer but would like to find one that does CPU vs. CPU. And just down loaded the HUNTER, Call of the wild. Amazing game.

So like many of you, I'm about ready to shelve Madden. I understand the Holidays and the delay of the patch but the game should have never been in this condition for so long in the first place. I have always purchased Madden within the first day or two of release but this one left a bad taste in my mouth and like many of you, I will wait until Madden 19 is out for a month or two and for reviews before I buy it. If I buy it at all.

Wishing you all a great New Year and a better Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #376
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillzMafia716
How do we go about asking for our money back? I feel if enough ppl did this, they'd put some urgency into a fix. Plus I want a reimbursement for this bs "GOAT" edition. Payed $80 for the worst Madden experience ever
https://twitter.com/EAHelp/with_replies

Or look up EA Customer Service contact information.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »