Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-05-2018, 02:37 AM   #393
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Also I just had Russell Wilson take off 11 times for 111 yds. He was unbelievably hard to contain. Not one single play was simmed. Not one. I actually got a tiny bit frustrated because my season was on the line lol

Till the last drive literally, did I start getting to him. Sacking him 3 times in a row on the last drive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
I was thinking they could run more effectively b/c they wouldn't be bracing.
I hope I can get more than one season in but also patiently waiting for any more Sim updates/fixes.
Also, keep an eye on the QB fumbling, I'm wondering if brace for all hits allows less fumbles, especially on those hits in the pocket.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:49 AM   #394
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, through 5 games using the player edits, I think I have seen only 2 fumbles; so, at least on 1.08, Brace=Never has no appreciable effect on fumbling...which would not be entirely unthinkable, if we assume 1.08 messed up the cover ball trait in general.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #395
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Is there a down side to changing the traits before every game and not changing them back? Also, is there a way to disable title update for Madden without disconnecting my PS4 from the internet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #396
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I was thinking they could run more effectively b/c they wouldn't be bracing.
I hope I can get more than one season in but also patiently waiting for any more Sim updates/fixes.
Also, keep an eye on the QB fumbling, I'm wondering if brace for all hits allows less fumbles, especially on those hits in the pocket.
It was a blast. His running perhaps did him in, at the end lol. Sacked him 3 times in a row i believe. Thank God! Now 2 runs accounted for almost half that total. But I actually started switching defenders. Which I don't normally do. I was that frustrated. But my season was on the line lol

I also upped his carry 20 points to 88. Sense pressure-ideal. Force passes average/balanced. Cover ball-Never. Throw ball away-No.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #397
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Is there a down side to changing the traits before every game and not changing them back? Also, is there a way to disable title update for Madden without disconnecting my PS4 from the internet?
I do change the cpu back to their original place. I keep mine in place

I think the only way is to disconnect from WiFi.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #398
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Like better than before the last patch

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
With the edits, I actually think it is too. Defensive coverage seems tighter as well. The only other thing I do is raise every QB to Ideal at sensing pressure. Because it seems they took a slight step backwards at holding the ball too much. Set it to ideal, problem solved.

The other thing, the cpu is running lots of draws on 3rd and long. 7 yds and over. BUT the thing is, they get the first half the time. So it is an improvement over verts lol.

Overall the game is, atm, playing pretty good.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #399
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
With the edits, I actually think it is too. Defensive coverage seems tighter as well. The only other thing I do is raise every QB to Ideal at sensing pressure. Because it seems they took a slight step backwards at holding the ball too much. Set it to ideal, problem solved.

The other thing, the cpu is running lots of draws on 3rd and long. 7 yds and over. BUT the thing is, they get the first half the time. So it is an improvement over verts lol.

Overall the game is, atm, playing pretty good.

I've been seeing those draw plays all morning too.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #400
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof

You can go into the PS4 settings and disable automatic downloads for updates (I forgot the exact label of the setting). By doing this, the system won't down load an update on its own while remaining connected to the internet. However, you have to be careful because when you start Madden, then it will automatically start to download the title update. You just have to remember to quickly go in and pause the download and cancel/delete it each time it starts. You also have to watch because usually the system will try to start the download a few times as various network features of the game try to access the network.

I have been doing this successfully for a long time, and am happily running on version 1.07 and getting great gameplay. I refuse to download any patches without seeing feedback on here first, and it saved the game for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »