Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #49
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I saw someone asked Clint about the sprint bug and he said the team is aware of it and it seems to be related to the "braces for hits" trait. So maybe we can edit that and remedy this in the meantime?
Did he say what to set it to in order to prevent the bug? Or has someone else figured that out?
Old 12-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Did he say what to set it to in order to prevent the bug? Or has someone else figured that out?
Just set brace for hits to Never for kick returners and they’re kneeling it in the endzone. Haven’t seen a return yet.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #51
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
I saw someone asked Clint about the sprint bug and he said the team is aware of it and it seems to be related to the "braces for hits" trait. So maybe we can edit that and remedy this in the meantime?
Good info! I was thinking it could be fatigue but this makes sense also. I'm still afraid to DL though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 04:49 PM   #52
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Lol. Y'all just seeing things.
I saw that response from Clint. He did say that... bad_philanthropy is not seeing things. S,o its good news I guess that EA is aware of the issue.

This is frustrating though, it will probably be a week or two before a patch comes out to fix what this patch broke.

What's funny (sad?) is that they put out 1.08 to fix that 1.07 broke scouting reports, now they will have to put out 1.09 to fix what 1.08 broke... which will probably break something else entirely.

I dunno man, I'm giving these jokers one more chance to put out a patch, if the next one breaks something, I'm done with this game this year. As it is from now until they fix this I will have to super-sim all kick-offs and CPU offense to give the CPU a fair shot at running. So now I am going to literally sim half of my games until this is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Just set brace for hits to Never for kick returners and they’re kneeling it in the endzone. Haven’t seen a return yet.
Good find, at least we can do that if we dont want to super sim all CPU offense and returns.

Aaaaaand back we are... fixing and bug testing EA's games and patches for them.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I posted this as a reply because as a Sim gamer, there are no negative Brace Traits really.
“This is actually a good thing if AI players still sprint having the other Brace Traits because it’s another element to differentiate ball Carriers. Makes those hard AI runners that much more special w/in the game. A negative trait for a ball carrier to have”

We want Player Differentiation and other Sim elelments that sometimes those awkward hiccups in the game actually favor the Sim playing Style, but Sim folk are sometimes too quick to ask for a fix/tune to something that could actually be a good thing for the community.

**Pre-Draft editing bug is a big one that comes to mind, now we’re begging for Pre-Draft Class editing to be added.

If it’s turns out to be triggered by only the “Brace for all hits” Trait, Sim gamers should want to keep it so that there’s finally a negative Trait that affects a player.
- think of it as the fast sprinter that’s scared of contact, that doesn’t run as fast through traffic (ie D. McFadden)

Last edited by khaliib; 12-13-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #54
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Its good that the game differentiates between types of runner, but bad that it makes a (prevalent) type always make the wrong decision.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Its good that the game differentiates between types of runner, but bad that it makes a (prevalent) type always make the wrong decision.
Explain what you mean by this please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Explain what you mean by this please
The one’s i changes had brace for medium hits on. All 4 Krs for both teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »