Home

New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2017, 06:55 AM   #65
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Changed ALL HITS to Med or hard. IT WORKS.. I changed all the KR and PR to either med or hard, Also changed starting OB and RB if needed.. Seems to be back to normal.. Going to be a lot of work, but will do it one game at a time. After game is over will return the CPU team back to original just in case EA puts out another patch.. But at least for now.. It's good.

Thanks to whom ever discovered this.. GREAT WORK..
I'll give this a try. I play coach mode so besides lame kick returns by the CPU, I've noticed my HBs moving through holes slowly, and speedy CBs returning interceptions like they were LBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #66
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Any chance they fix this via a tuner for online/cloud franchises prior to releasing a patch for offline franchises?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 12-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #67
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
I'll give this a try. I play coach mode so besides lame kick returns by the CPU, I've noticed my HBs moving through holes slowly, and speedy CBs returning interceptions like they were LBs.
First it was edit the KR / PR...

Then the HBs got added to that list, followed by WR / TE and now?

CB / LB / ANYBODY who touches the ball, apparently?

I'm going to have to wait for the patch, which I think MAY be a "Quick Fix" as the "casuals" who make up 99.9% of their clientele aren't doing any player edits to get the game to function on a basic level...
Old 12-14-2017, 10:03 AM   #68
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

Yeah, it is not as bad with the HBs and other positions, but I have definitely noticed HBs slowing down before hitting the whole, skill players with the ball in open field slowing down so my defenders can easily catch them. This needs to fixed ASAP.

I have owned Madden 18 for 16 weeks; only during 2 1/2 of those, has the offline game actually been playable.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 12-14-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #69
MVP

gman2774's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
First it was edit the KR / PR...

Then the HBs got added to that list, followed by WR / TE and now?

CB / LB / ANYBODY who touches the ball, apparently?

I'm going to have to wait for the patch, which I think MAY be a "Quick Fix" as the "casuals" who make up 99.9% of their clientele aren't doing any player edits to get the game to function on a basic level...

I really hope you’re right on the quick fix. Frankly I don’t have time to spend my limited leisure time editing roster traits before each game to make it playable. At some point this year I’d like to play a franchise without having to reboot after every patch and conduct work arounds to eliminate unintended consequences.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 19

Two questions on this.

1) Is this happening in CFM?

2) Is it happening after initial roster players have cycled out of CFM?
Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 2

Yes, it works, or should I say it helps but after playing more games it is still not right. It has changed the game. Even with the edits, which does help a little but in game after game no KR has gained more than 25 yds. The longest KR I had went to the 36 yd line, but was a short kick taken at the 12. Good for 24 yd return. The majority of KR was exactly 24 yds. It’s like it is automatic, they run to contact, no longer try to avoid tackles, just run straight into the defender.

I waited so long to start a real franchise, and now starting week three they screw it up. I didn't mind the scouting issue, but here is another issue that has popped up now, or may have been there all along. I have just noticed it.

At the end of the game, Game stats do not match player stats. For example, Game stats showed that I only had 75 yds total passing. But Trubiski threw for 146 yds with no int. I added up my receivers catch yd which ends up being 171 yds. Game stats read that I had a total of 110 yds rushing, added up player rush yds and had 121. Howard had 76, Coleman had 23, and Trubiski had 22.

Oh well, It's just a game. What do correct stats matter? You would think it's a computer and it should be able to do math, but what the hell. The good news is FB is almost over and Baseball will start soon. Maybe they will fix it before the Show is released. Sorry for the sarcasm but pretty frustrated at this point. Although I must admit, It has kept me busy rebooting from the lock ups and freezes, testing over and over, changing sliders, making edits, experimenting, trying to fix the game to make it playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #72
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Good Lord they need to hire bug testers.

Being a bug tester for EA would be excellent job security.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »