Home

Opening kickoff

This is a discussion on Opening kickoff within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2017, 07:32 AM   #17
Banned
 
NimitsTexan's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I donít understand why a properly animated pre-game coin toss hasnít been added yet. Especially given that if your game goes to OT, the players meet at the 50 yd line and thereís a coin toss!!! Seems daft that I have to select this stuff before the game starts.
It is not that it was not added. It was that it was removed (remember, it used to be in the game). Supposedly, the reason is that Madden was trying to mimic television broadcast format, which does not televise the coin flip except for OT and the Superbowl.

The real issue is, at least some teams some of the time need to elect to defer (you know, like different teams have different strategies based on their coach/scheme/roster?), rather than every single NFL team having the exact same strategy every game. . .
NimitsTexan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #18
Pro
 
Devaster's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I donít understand why a properly animated pre-game coin toss hasnít been added yet. Especially given that if your game goes to OT, the players meet at the 50 yd line and thereís a coin toss!!! Seems daft that I have to select this stuff before the game starts.
I'm glad it was removed. It was a waste of time. Better off simulating the results in the background. I don't want to have to choose every time. Back when it used to be in the game I had to pay attention at the start of games for the coin toss. Now I can load up a game, leave the room, and come back when I'm ready. And not have to worry about anything important happening.
Devaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #19
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Re: Opening kickoff

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
alisa01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #20
Banned
 
NimitsTexan's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I'm glad it was removed. It was a waste of time. Better off simulating the results in the background. I don't want to have to choose every time. Back when it used to be in the game I had to pay attention at the start of games for the coin toss. Now I can load up a game, leave the room, and come back when I'm ready. And not have to worry about anything important happening.
I would rather have the coin toss in, but overall, I do not care that much. I do wish some of the AI teams actually wanted to KO first, at least some of the time.
NimitsTexan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #21
All Star
 
reyes the roof's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
It is not that it was not added. It was that it was removed (remember, it used to be in the game). Supposedly, the reason is that Madden was trying to mimic television broadcast format, which does not televise the coin flip except for OT and the Superbowl.

The real issue is, at least some teams some of the time need to elect to defer (you know, like different teams have different strategies based on their coach/scheme/roster?), rather than every single NFL team having the exact same strategy every game. . .
I think they were trying to make the time spent playing games quicker too. Personally I'd like to see that and first down measurements come back
reyes the roof is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 01:36 AM   #22
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Opening kickoff

Options are the key here.
Give everyone the OPTION for all the presentation elements, from literally none to full-blown tv presentation.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
mykelmosinee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #23
MVP
 
RogerDodger's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Options are the key here.
Give everyone the OPTION for all the presentation elements, from literally none to full-blown tv presentation.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Way too much common sense in that suggestion.
RogerDodger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #24
Pro
 
Devaster's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Options are the key here.
Give everyone the OPTION for all the presentation elements, from literally none to full-blown tv presentation.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
I'd imagine the OPTION for presentation elements doesn't exist, because it would require more programming. More work. They cut out fluff.
Devaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Top -