Home

Opening kickoff

This is a discussion on Opening kickoff within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2017, 07:32 AM   #17
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I don’t understand why a properly animated pre-game coin toss hasn’t been added yet. Especially given that if your game goes to OT, the players meet at the 50 yd line and there’s a coin toss!!! Seems daft that I have to select this stuff before the game starts.
It is not that it was not added. It was that it was removed (remember, it used to be in the game). Supposedly, the reason is that Madden was trying to mimic television broadcast format, which does not televise the coin flip except for OT and the Superbowl.

The real issue is, at least some teams some of the time need to elect to defer (you know, like different teams have different strategies based on their coach/scheme/roster?), rather than every single NFL team having the exact same strategy every game. . .
Old 12-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #18
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I don’t understand why a properly animated pre-game coin toss hasn’t been added yet. Especially given that if your game goes to OT, the players meet at the 50 yd line and there’s a coin toss!!! Seems daft that I have to select this stuff before the game starts.
I'm glad it was removed. It was a waste of time. Better off simulating the results in the background. I don't want to have to choose every time. Back when it used to be in the game I had to pay attention at the start of games for the coin toss. Now I can load up a game, leave the room, and come back when I'm ready. And not have to worry about anything important happening.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #19
Just started!

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
Old 12-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #20
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I'm glad it was removed. It was a waste of time. Better off simulating the results in the background. I don't want to have to choose every time. Back when it used to be in the game I had to pay attention at the start of games for the coin toss. Now I can load up a game, leave the room, and come back when I'm ready. And not have to worry about anything important happening.
I would rather have the coin toss in, but overall, I do not care that much. I do wish some of the AI teams actually wanted to KO first, at least some of the time.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
It is not that it was not added. It was that it was removed (remember, it used to be in the game). Supposedly, the reason is that Madden was trying to mimic television broadcast format, which does not televise the coin flip except for OT and the Superbowl.

The real issue is, at least some teams some of the time need to elect to defer (you know, like different teams have different strategies based on their coach/scheme/roster?), rather than every single NFL team having the exact same strategy every game. . .
I think they were trying to make the time spent playing games quicker too. Personally I'd like to see that and first down measurements come back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 01:36 AM   #22
Rookie

Options are the key here.
Give everyone the OPTION for all the presentation elements, from literally none to full-blown tv presentation.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #23
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Give everyone the OPTION for all the presentation elements, from literally none to full-blown tv presentation.

Way too much common sense in that suggestion.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #24
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee

I'd imagine the OPTION for presentation elements doesn't exist, because it would require more programming. More work. They cut out fluff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »