Home

Opening kickoff

This is a discussion on Opening kickoff within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Opening kickoff

It already does exist to a degree...pushing x on ps4 skips whatever cut scenes you want. Can't imagine it would be too much harder to simply have an on/off switch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #26
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Doesn't Madden already have a quick presentation option in Play Now?

EDIT: yes this was absolutely a thing in M17, don't know where it lives in M18 though.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:27 AM   #27
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I'd imagine the OPTION for presentation elements doesn't exist, because it would require more programming. More work. They cut out fluff.
Everything requires more programming and more work. On that basis you'd never add anything new.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan

The real issue is, at least some teams some of the time need to elect to defer (you know, like different teams have different strategies based on their coach/scheme/roster?), rather than every single NFL team having the exact same strategy every game. . .
Just set your team to receive first every time. Suddenly, you get a nice balance of kicking off vs receiving. If you continue to to set your team to defer, you will ge two kick-off every time.

Decide what you want, and then do what will result in that. When I play online, I always defer. When I play solo, I never defer. Interestingly, I kickoff about 80% of the time when I play online, and about half the time when I play offline. Online gamers either don't understand, or they really like getting the ball first.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:39 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Doesn't Madden already have a quick presentation option in Play Now?

EDIT: yes this was absolutely a thing in M17, don't know where it lives in M18 though.
I'm pretty sure that is still in M18, in the same spot.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #30
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Everything requires more programming and more work. On that basis you'd never add anything new.
And that is a silly straw man argument. Unnecessary fluff content was removed. Features to make the game-play enjoyable are still included. Presentation should be as short and simple as possible. It took them forever to add the feature to skip scenes. Anything to cut down on the length of a game without affecting game-play is to the benefit of the user.

When you watch an NFL game on TV do you ever see the coin toss? Not unless it is OT or the SB. Maybe in some of the playoff games? TV networks don't show stuff like that because it is a waste of time for the vast majority of fans. And of course it allows them to air more commercial time.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
And that is a silly straw man argument. Unnecessary fluff content was removed. Features to make the game-play enjoyable are still included. Presentation should be as short and simple as possible. It took them forever to add the feature to skip scenes. Anything to cut down on the length of a game without affecting game-play is to the benefit of the user.

When you watch an NFL game on TV do you ever see the coin toss? Not unless it is OT or the SB. Maybe in some of the playoff games? TV networks don't show stuff like that because it is a waste of time for the vast majority of fans. And of course it allows them to air more commercial time.
You state that presentation should be as little as possible as though that's factual....it's only YOUR opinion, many of us feel differently. I want full blown tv like presentation, pre-game, half-time, post-game and weekly wrap up shows.
Again, OPTIONS are key...not just 1 way, but make the game to appeal to as many people as possible.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 08:36 AM   #32
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Options are the key here.
Give everyone the OPTION for all the presentation elements, from literally none to full-blown tv presentation.

To a small degree that is already there. You can shut off commentary and skip most cut scenes. I do that all the time to avoid the stupid "swag" player introductions when you play CPU because they are so laughably unrealistic.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
It already does exist to a degree...pushing x on ps4 skips whatever cut scenes you want. Can't imagine it would be too much harder to simply have an on/off switch.

Lol I did not see this but it is almost word for word what I said.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 12-22-2017 at 08:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »