Home

Opening kickoff

This is a discussion on Opening kickoff within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #25
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Opening kickoff

It already does exist to a degree...pushing x on ps4 skips whatever cut scenes you want. Can't imagine it would be too much harder to simply have an on/off switch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
mykelmosinee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #26
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,570
Re: Opening kickoff

Doesn't Madden already have a quick presentation option in Play Now?

EDIT: yes this was absolutely a thing in M17, don't know where it lives in M18 though.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:27 AM   #27
MVP
 
RogerDodger's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I'd imagine the OPTION for presentation elements doesn't exist, because it would require more programming. More work. They cut out fluff.
Everything requires more programming and more work. On that basis you'd never add anything new.
RogerDodger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #28
Rookie
 
JayhawkerStL's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,490
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan

The real issue is, at least some teams some of the time need to elect to defer (you know, like different teams have different strategies based on their coach/scheme/roster?), rather than every single NFL team having the exact same strategy every game. . .
Just set your team to receive first every time. Suddenly, you get a nice balance of kicking off vs receiving. If you continue to to set your team to defer, you will ge two kick-off every time.

Decide what you want, and then do what will result in that. When I play online, I always defer. When I play solo, I never defer. Interestingly, I kickoff about 80% of the time when I play online, and about half the time when I play offline. Online gamers either don't understand, or they really like getting the ball first.
__________________
XBL: JayhawkerStL

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
JayhawkerStL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:39 PM   #29
Rookie
 
JayhawkerStL's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,490
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Doesn't Madden already have a quick presentation option in Play Now?

EDIT: yes this was absolutely a thing in M17, don't know where it lives in M18 though.
I'm pretty sure that is still in M18, in the same spot.
__________________
XBL: JayhawkerStL

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
JayhawkerStL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #30
Pro
 
Devaster's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Everything requires more programming and more work. On that basis you'd never add anything new.
And that is a silly straw man argument. Unnecessary fluff content was removed. Features to make the game-play enjoyable are still included. Presentation should be as short and simple as possible. It took them forever to add the feature to skip scenes. Anything to cut down on the length of a game without affecting game-play is to the benefit of the user.

When you watch an NFL game on TV do you ever see the coin toss? Not unless it is OT or the SB. Maybe in some of the playoff games? TV networks don't show stuff like that because it is a waste of time for the vast majority of fans. And of course it allows them to air more commercial time.
Devaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #31
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
And that is a silly straw man argument. Unnecessary fluff content was removed. Features to make the game-play enjoyable are still included. Presentation should be as short and simple as possible. It took them forever to add the feature to skip scenes. Anything to cut down on the length of a game without affecting game-play is to the benefit of the user.

When you watch an NFL game on TV do you ever see the coin toss? Not unless it is OT or the SB. Maybe in some of the playoff games? TV networks don't show stuff like that because it is a waste of time for the vast majority of fans. And of course it allows them to air more commercial time.
You state that presentation should be as little as possible as though that's factual....it's only YOUR opinion, many of us feel differently. I want full blown tv like presentation, pre-game, half-time, post-game and weekly wrap up shows.
Again, OPTIONS are key...not just 1 way, but make the game to appeal to as many people as possible.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
mykelmosinee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 08:36 AM   #32
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Opening kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
Options are the key here.
Give everyone the OPTION for all the presentation elements, from literally none to full-blown tv presentation.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
To a small degree that is already there. You can shut off commentary and skip most cut scenes. I do that all the time to avoid the stupid "swag" player introductions when you play CPU because they are so laughably unrealistic.



Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
It already does exist to a degree...pushing x on ps4 skips whatever cut scenes you want. Can't imagine it would be too much harder to simply have an on/off switch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Lol I did not see this but it is almost word for word what I said.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 12-22-2017 at 08:38 AM.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Top -