Home

Off-Target Interceptions

This is a discussion on Off-Target Interceptions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-28-2017, 11:33 PM   #17
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Off-Target Interceptions

I've had LBs run stride-for-stride with a 97+ SPD WR. Stuck to him like glue. Guys like Navarro Bowman or some of the other older LBs.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:28 AM   #18
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I've had LBs run stride-for-stride with a 97+ SPD WR. Stuck to him like glue. Guys like Navarro Bowman or some of the other older LBs.

Adjust the speed parity, then. I usually play with it set between 40-45.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:20 AM   #19
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBarber
Drags seem to be the worst. It doesn’t really matter who the QB or how open the pass .. sometimes the game is just like nah this is going to the stands lol.

This pass was in my online CFM game. Luck had been playing perfect all game. Not many bad throws I was like 17/20 at this point and then this happens. Psychic CB magically knows I pressed the pass button and stops on a dime to come back and pick it off. I even moved around the pocketbook to make sure it wasn’t a “pressured” throw lmao.

http://xboxclips.com/Bak2Business/28...7-fc1910c63263
It arguably happens too often in Madden, but throws like that are not unheard off, even from better QBs. IRL, Prescott did essentially the same thing against the Seahawks (other than throwing it high instead of wide), missing a wide open receiver to throw a pick on a more or less unpressured throw.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Adjust the speed parity, then. I usually play with it set between 40-45.
I have my sliders set to Zero, and the coverage is still great. Previous had it at 5 speed parity/threshold, but 1.08 hurt the game a bit with the stuck in mud players, so it was key in separating as much as possible.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #21
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
I have been noticing a bunch of EXTREMELY off target throws lately. Like a guy running a drag 5 yards in front of the QB and the QB tosses it 15 feet over his head to a safety standing 20 yards upfield
That's my only complaint. I don't mind errant passes, but I think they need to tone down the short passes that are nowhere near their target. Instead of a slant or drag that is not even close to the receiver, put it just out of the reach of the receiver. Same end result, just way more realistic looking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That's my only complaint. I don't mind errant passes, but I think they need to tone down the short passes that are nowhere near their target. Instead of a slant or drag that is not even close to the receiver, put it just out of the reach of the receiver. Same end result, just way more realistic looking
I feel this way too. I want the errant passes. I want bad QBs to be in the 55% range and good ones to be in the 60-65% range.

It seems to me that they just don't have a good representation of errant pass types. With intermediate and deep passes, I do see an appropriate range of miss types, but with short passes, it looks like it's either an on-target pass or a Knoblauch-to-first-type throw. That's a bit tough to take when it happens.

I think Millticket has some videos from practice mode that show more organic overthrows with heavy edits to QB SAC/MAC/DAC ratings, so it's possible that the animation range is in there but is overridden or buried by ratings or other elements. But as it stands, it seems like some improvement of how QB inaccuracy is rendered is necessary for the sim folks.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:54 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
I have been noticing a bunch of EXTREMELY off target throws lately. Like a guy running a drag 5 yards in front of the QB and the QB tosses it 15 feet over his head to a safety standing 20 yards upfield
I wonder if it's more of the dice roll coming up interception and then sending the ball to a defender rather than of a random wild pass by the QB.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #24
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof

I know all too well of this. Had a clean pocket. Had Cole Beasley on a slant pattern with nobody around him, maybe five yards past the LOS. I used the directional stick to guide the pass right and CB into the open, but for some reason, the pass flies far off to the left where a defender drops to his knees and intercepts it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »