Home

Off-Target Interceptions

This is a discussion on Off-Target Interceptions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #25
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Off-Target Interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
I wonder if it's more of the dice roll coming up interception and then sending the ball to a defender rather than of a random wild pass by the QB.
I share this opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 02:10 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

when adjusting the INT sliders, does changing the player INT slider change how much you throw INT as a QB or how much you make INT when on D?
Old 12-31-2017, 02:14 PM   #27
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
when adjusting the INT sliders, does changing the player INT slider change how much you throw INT as a QB or how much you make INT when on D?
Player INT slider is for your defense. CPU INT slider is for the CPU's defense and how often they drop or don't drop an INT.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #28
Rookie

I'm just having a tough time figuring out why certain drag routes throw crazy off target in certain games. I'm using a crappy QB in Dobbs on my Jets season and I had a whole game where on of my favorite I Form twin set drag kept throwing 5 yds off target. I'm waiting for him to get past the line and even throwing in wide open windows but the throw is absurdly off target. I don't know if I should be throwing bullets or touch passes. A touch pass off target is a INT. A bullet is atleast goes quick in the dirt most of the time. My feet get set and I'm not under pressure most of the time. I just don't know if its caused because I lack tight spiral trait or something else is coming in. Is it because my TE is picking up the DL and getting CIT against five people?
Old 01-04-2018, 12:42 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Another problem I am having is completion percentage with drops. I am barley above 50% because my receivers drop probably 7-12 passes a game with the slightest bit of contact. Is there a fix to this?
Old 01-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #30
Pro

Devaster's Arena

I think Madden has it programmed for you to turn the ball over. I'll throw a touch pass, not under pressure, to a WR on a dig or a hitch and watch the ball sail wide left/right straight to a defender. And the receiver is wide open. I notice it the most with short routes.

I'll have my RB wide open on a flat check down and sail it right over his head when I'm not being pressured.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think it's programmed to make you turn it over as well.

I've set my user catch slider to 70, they still drop a fair amount but it's not nearly as bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #32
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corstaad
I'm just having a tough time figuring out why certain drag routes throw crazy off target in certain games. I'm using a crappy QB in Dobbs on my Jets season and I had a whole game where on of my favorite I Form twin set drag kept throwing 5 yds off target. I'm waiting for him to get past the line and even throwing in wide open windows but the throw is absurdly off target. I don't know if I should be throwing bullets or touch passes. A touch pass off target is a INT. A bullet is atleast goes quick in the dirt most of the time. My feet get set and I'm not under pressure most of the time. I just don't know if its caused because I lack tight spiral trait or something else is coming in. Is it because my TE is picking up the DL and getting CIT against five people?
It is because you are using a bad QB (or, at least, an inaccurate one). If this was happening with Brady, that would be a problem, but the first fix for your issue would be to sign a good QB. Bad QBs should throw poorly.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 01-05-2018 at 06:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »