Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Madden NFL 18 game update 1.11 is available now, check out the patch notes below. Gameplay...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 02-09-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Huzzah!!!!

Will "Addressed an issue causing defenders to occasionally give up on the play during some broken tackle animations" fix the issue where if you Truck the air (no defender in front of you yet) defenders will often stop running? I sometimes screw up a truck and do it early thinking a defender is going to get to me at that moment and watch a whole bunch of defenders stand around as I truck air and then run right through a wide open hole. And I've seen my defenders give up as well when the CPU is doing a special move sometimes.

Curious what "stability issues" were addressed for CFM.

Good fixes all around. My biggest issue remaining would be turnover logic. There still appear to be some big issues with fumbles forced and recovered regarding the possession, down and distance, and clock. I've flat out recovered fumbles sometimes only to not be given the ball. I'm even rewarded the fumble recovery in the stats window, but no possession. It happens if you are in a long tackle animation against a player/CPU and you strip the ball. The game considers the play blown dead and forward progress, but then you get rewarded the fumble recovery stat but no possession. Reminiscent of how the refs were blowing sack/fumbles dead in that Chiefs/Titans playoff game, which is not proper officiating. Sacks aren't whistled dead for forward progress. And then the other bug where after a fumble forced/recovery review is reversed and it completely screws up down and distance.

Last edited by Devaster; 02-09-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks to the all the folks who helped get that E CPU-Pancakes issue the attention it deserved.

Lets hope we are rid of this once and for all.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 02-09-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:00 PM   #4
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

Good news and update assuming they didn't break something else in the process....
Old 02-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

I don't have a lot of issues with this update. Though I would like to address a few concerns that to my knowledge, either haven't been brought up enough by the community apparently, or continue to be ignored by the development team..not pointing fingers, just observing.. So, it's surely well known that the fatigue system is still a work-in-progress and should definitely be a point of emphasis by now. Fatigue in general is a very large part of football itself and lends itself to playcalling, both offensively and defensively, and also works into sub packages which calls into play team depth and so on (speaking for us my fellow franchise mode players.) Why has that yet to be addressed? I play with multiple teams in my franchise mode and unlike past Maddens, ground and pound offense seems useless. There seems to be no overall fatigue forced onto the defense no matter how long I hold the ball. I play on 10:00 minute quarters and have had drives last well over a 3rd of a quarter and yet no matter how quickly I get the ball back on offense, the defense is once again fresh as daisies..

And onto my next small gripe. I read in the patch notes that the weak box penalty will no longer be applied to the AI controlled teams...so again, now even if the CPU actually calls a bad defense, they won't be penalized for it? Why leave it in the game at all if that's the case? Does that mean I won't be penalized while going against the CPU if I call a play not meant to match a run formation even though my CPU opponent no longer has to worry about that? Not that I ever do because I call my defense based on offensive personnel, down-distance etc., but the principal idea still stands...I would like to know the train of thought here. Opinions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #6
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Football Pancakes......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pancakes.jpg (24.0 KB, 688 views)
Old 02-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #7
Banned

Giving it til at least later tonight to download this one...
Old 02-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #8
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoneshbk
I don't have a lot of issues with this update. Though I would like to address a few concerns that to my knowledge, either haven't been brought up enough by the community apparently, or continue to be ignored by the development team..not pointing fingers, just observing.. So, it's surely well known that the fatigue system is still a work-in-progress and should definitely be a point of emphasis by now. Fatigue in general is a very large part of football itself and lends itself to playcalling, both offensively and defensively, and also works into sub packages which calls into play team depth and so on (speaking for us my fellow franchise mode players.) Why has that yet to be addressed? I play with multiple teams in my franchise mode and unlike past Maddens, ground and pound offense seems useless. There seems to be no overall fatigue forced onto the defense no matter how long I hold the ball. I play on 10:00 minute quarters and have had drives last well over a 3rd of a quarter and yet no matter how quickly I get the ball back on offense, the defense is once again fresh as daisies..

And onto my next small gripe. I read in the patch notes that the weak box penalty will no longer be applied to the AI controlled teams...so again, now even if the CPU actually calls a bad defense, they won't be penalized for it? Why leave it in the game at all if that's the case? Does that mean I won't be penalized while going against the CPU if I call a play not meant to match a run formation even though my CPU opponent no longer has to worry about that? Not that I ever do because I call my defense based on offensive personnel, down-distance etc., but the principal idea still stands...I would like to know the train of thought here. Opinions?
The AI doesn't call bad defenses. That is programmed in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »