Home

Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

This is a discussion on Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #209
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

Duece;

If you are still following this thread, I had a family emergency and have been away from home. I haven't been able to digest your Sim game play suggestions, but is that something you wanted to link on Twitter to the Devs?
Old 01-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #210
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Duece;

If you are still following this thread, I had a family emergency and have been away from home. I haven't been able to digest your Sim game play suggestions, but is that something you wanted to link on Twitter to the Devs?
Hope all is well Road.

But the thread is pretty dated by now so it might not be of much help to them. Most of the stuff in the thread and that I outlined in the OP is different now I believe and I've been pretty out of the loop on patches from the last couple months. I know they tweaked the QB AI which is something I mentioned in that thread but I think at this point most of what's in that thread is pretty well known and/or on their radar.

I do think it'd still be a great place to organize and detail more SIM oriented issues, especially those to do with AI and also that might be smaller in nature and Sim specific like FG/XP accuracy and get those on the radar as well as a good place to discuss what people want out of the Sim setting. There's certain things that can take or might need more than 280 characters to convey and help illustrate why it's an issue or why it would be a good addition so I think that'd be a good place to consolidate that kind of stuff if people were willing to give that kind of feedback and then we'd be able to link posts with tweets as well to kind of reinforce certain issues.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can someone please tweet about making Target Passing a default “option” for passing if one choose so in CFM or even in games online. My only real issue with Target Passing currently is that I have to activate it with L2 at the snap of the ball every passing play, would prefer to just start out with it when passing and if someone wanted to cancel out of it for a scramble to run with the QB if nothing is there just double click the sprint button to cancel Target Passing and take off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2018, 05:35 PM   #212
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

@Trojan the mechanics is def half in the game for Sam, Leo, and strong side end..let’s hope the more people see

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 01-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #213
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
@Trojan the mechanics is def half in the game for Sam, Leo, and strong side end..let’s hope the more people see

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
We got some good traction on that point today, from within this community and without. I was really pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #214
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Rex of course said a couple of days ago that Franchise players showed up in record numbers for M18. So the people who come at the dev team with their anecdotal experiences about how bad the gameplay is or how terrible CFM is, is not going to be a convincing argument. The silent majority has spoken, and our interaction with the team should take that into account.

Mostly everyone in this thread clearly gets that and understands how to present our argument, but an added thing to think about is to focus on sim elements that every kind of CFM player would benefit from/enjoy.

We should be able to get a few more of the things that we want for M19, but we can't be so insular as to spend too much effort lobbying for things that may be perceived as too high level for the majority of the Franchise players.

IMO, A.I. and legacy fixes provide the most bang for our buck.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:10 PM   #215
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Rex of course said a couple of days ago that Franchise players showed up in record numbers for M18. So the people who come at the dev team with their anecdotal experiences about how bad the gameplay is or how terrible CFM is, is not going to be a convincing argument. The silent majority has spoken, and our interaction with the team should take that into account.

Mostly everyone in this thread clearly gets that and understands how to present our argument, but an added thing to think about is to focus on sim elements that every kind of CFM player would benefit from/enjoy.

We should be able to get a few more of the things that we want for M19, but we can't be so insular as to spend too much effort lobbying for things that may be perceived as too high level for the majority of the Franchise players.

IMO, A.I. and legacy fixes provide the most bang for our buck.
I agree with your point, but what Rex and the crew have to realize that just because we, the sim crowd, the franchise crowd showed up in supposed record numbers doesn't mean we are anywhere close to satisfied or even at mediocre acceptability. There is no other NFL game. Football is the most popular game in the US. There is no other place to turn so those of us who want a football fix either show in record numbers for mediocrity or we don't get an NFL game.

They've got to see that showing up and leaving halfway through or quitting on it altogether doesnt equal long term engagement or satisfaction.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 10:07 PM   #216
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I agree with your point, but what Rex and the crew have to realize that just because we, the sim crowd, the franchise crowd showed up in supposed record numbers doesn't mean we are anywhere close to satisfied or even at mediocre acceptability. There is no other NFL game. Football is the most popular game in the US. There is no other place to turn so those of us who want a football fix either show in record numbers for mediocrity or we don't get an NFL game.

They've got to see that showing up and leaving halfway through or quitting on it altogether doesnt equal long term engagement or satisfaction.
A tweet from about a week or two ago:

Beyond the typical banter from fans, I think there’s been a clarion call from the Madden community to drastically improve franchise mode in ‘19. I hope it doesn’t go unheeded.

Rex:

Heard and acknowledged.

Now, we wait till June to find out how much improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »