Home

Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

This is a discussion on Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #17
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
To be clear is this only for offline? if so I’m unfortunately out. Is this type of splintering necessary for our already small simulation community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah offline mainly, but I think everyone here on OS, can agree about certain aspects of gameplay can be cleaned up. This year!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Yeah offline mainly, but I think everyone here on OS, can agree about certain aspects of gameplay can be cleaned up. This year!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
It would be a big mistake to draw a line in the sand between offline/online players.

Many "online" only players are in league that are very sim oriented in the same way that offline players are.

You're ignoring a huge voice if you say this would be an offline players only effort.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:26 PM   #19
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

@jfsolo23

The offline solo sim player and the cloud solo sim player all want the same things, it's just a matter of trading control for speed and expediency of some fixes. A greater divide exists between the solo sim player and the multiplayer/32 man league sim player. We in the solo crowd are more focused on improvement of the CPU in all aspects of gameplay and team management and the multi(especially the 32 User leagues) crowd is more focused on User agency and Commish tools. Still we all can have our say without hostility toward the other crowd.

I don't think that it can be done this year, but I agree and have sent it to them a few times this year, that CPU playcalling/playbook utilization is the biggest non bug related issue holding back the User-CPU in game experience. We've got to lobby for both a overhaul of the playcalling methodology of the CPU and as a fall back position, opening up assigning of the CPU's playbook to the User. This needs to be the big get for 19.

Better roster construction for CPU teams is a must too. I'm going to send John White something about this pretty soon.

As far as gameplay tuning this year goes, the decision to throw the ball away needs to be sped up for the CPU QB. They still take a few too many sacks on screens and roll outs. The 75 and under awareness QBs are a little to slow with their decision making.

The frequency of sliding down when scrambling should be tuned way up for CPU QBs as well.

Bull rush win animations need to trigger more from top tier DTs. There isn't enough non shedding push coming from the interior of the pocket.

Will add more stuff later.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:35 PM   #20
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It would be a big mistake to draw a line in the sand between offline/online players.

Many "online" only players are in league that are very sim oriented in the same way that offline players are.

You're ignoring a huge voice if you say this would be an offline players only effort.

I believe jfsolo said it best before me..the solo CFM player offline or cloud is looking for better CPU AI which at times doesn’t not come into effect with full CFM HUM league..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 12-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:

Thinking we don’t need to put a sim name on our group. I think we need to go with out age group. We’re First Generation Maddenites. We’re the 30+ age group in marketing is how they see it. And older players want more realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #22
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I believe jfsolo said it best before me..the solo CFM player offline or cloud is looking for better CPU AI which at times doesn’t not come into effect with full CFM HUM league..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

In an effort to get the bodies in CFM threads to pitch in here I’m curious:

How many OS leagues. Or online leagues in general have 32 players? There was a stat that Rex threw out: most online CFMs don’t play more than a season. (These appear to be a 32 competitive tourney style league or money league) I’m not sure how many OS leagues represent that group or would not benefit from AI enhancements.

I’ll tweet on your offline behalf as a commish of a “half full” league because I value cpu AI over commish controls. But to get leagues to echo AI concerns would likely help Online and Offline equally.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 12-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #23
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Thinking we don’t need to put a sim name on our group. I think we need to go with out age group. We’re First Generation Maddenites. We’re the 30+ age group in marketing is how they see it. And older players want more realism.

To them (EA) realism = Simulation. Competitive and Arcade are different modes. Unless the “realism” you speak of exists outside of gameplay.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 12-23-2017, 06:51 PM   #24
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

That works for me, because I'm sure many online players in leagues want the same things we want. I just thought we are representing the offline sim type of players. And making our presence respectively felt

I'm fine either way, whatever we do.

So you guys do not think it has to be mentioned? Offline? Just let's all get on the same page. I'm in

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »