Home

Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

This is a discussion on Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #49
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
To add a contribution to this topic, since we're ostensibly talking about suggestions for User vs CPU gameplay:

The biggest gripe I have right now with User vs CPU gameplay in Madden is that the CPU makes no attempt to use any of the same pre-snap tools the user has available. Some examples:
  • CPU QBs don't make presnap reads to check into different plays vs whatever defensive look I present
  • CPU QBs don't put players in motion pre-snap unless the motion is baked into the play. CPU QBs don't call hot routes
  • CPU defenses don't use man align, base align, or back off coverage (but they do use Show Blitz at Press Coverage) as to disguise coverage; it is very easy to diagnose CPU pass coverages pre-snap if you know what to look for
  • CPU defenses don't hot route defensive players to adjust their defenses, especially against user quarterbacks who scramble frequently (unless there's a QB Spy or QB Contain baked into the play call, they never do either of these things)
  • CPU teams use a very limited subset of Coaching Adjustments and only in rigidly defined contexts
On account of all these behaviors the CPU does not perform, playing the CPU does not adequately prepare users for playing online in any context, be it head-to-head, online franchise, Ultimate Team, Draft Champions or whatever. The best games I've played in Madden this year have been against the few users in my online franchise who play the pre-snap chess match. Most of the other users in my league are struggling to catch up because the game isn't teaching them how to do so. I want to see the game emphasize the pre-snap battle going forward, especially in User vs CPU gameplay. I want the game to point out what punches the CPU is throwing at me and show me what counter-punches I have available to throw in response. I want the CPU to behave like the best Madden players do with respect to pre-snap adjustments.

Not sure how to minimize that feedback to a 280-character tweet, but y'all can tell me what you think of that and how to get that to the devs.
This is exactly what the cpu is lacking!
We need a more adaptive/chess match with the CPU. They have the playcall results from the HUM vs HUM online data and the amount of adjustments a Human can make vs what the cpu does.
A more adaptive A.I.
The higher rated the coaches the faster the CPU adjusts and adapts to your scheme. We should be forced out of our favorite scheme when we overuse it.
ex. Hb toss or stretch, so many plays are abused by the human b/c the CPU doesn't force us out of it. Just think how much better the cpu would be if they could adjust on the fly and be more human like with their adjustments.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #50
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
This is exactly what the cpu is lacking!
We need a more adaptive/chess match with the CPU. They have the playcall results from the HUM vs HUM online data and the amount of adjustments a Human can make vs what the cpu does.
A more adaptive A.I.
The higher rated the coaches the faster the CPU adjusts and adapts to your scheme. We should be forced out of our favorite scheme when we overuse it.
ex. Hb toss or stretch, so many plays are abused by the human b/c the CPU doesn't force us out of it. Just think how much better the cpu would be if they could adjust on the fly and be more human like with their adjustments.
Yeah, why, for example, the CPU does not use several of the coaching adjustments is beyond me. I get that the CPU's choices will be less dynamic (unless simply randomized), but to simply not use certain adjustments is unsatisfactory.

Even more, their should be CPU coach strategies/personalities (beyond basic play type splits) that influence decisions (again, maybe not a huge influence, but detectable over the course of several games/seasons).
Old 12-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #51
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Yeah, why, for example, the CPU does not use several of the coaching adjustments is beyond me. I get that the CPU's choices will be less dynamic (unless simply randomized), but to simply not use certain adjustments is unsatisfactory.

Even more, their should be CPU coach strategies/personalities (beyond basic play type splits) that influence decisions (again, maybe not a huge influence, but detectable over the course of several games/seasons).
Because the game has been built for head to head play, not versus the CPU. You're right though, it's absurd that they've added these features to the game but not accommodated them within the AI decision making process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 11:05 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 6

Just updated OP with outstanding write-up contributed by Syncereblackout. Check it out.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:19 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Just updated OP with outstanding write-up contributed by Syncereblackout. Check it out.
Thank you, but please add these 2 names:

AWhite_73- Anthony White- anything related to the playbook(s)

EA_White- John White- anything CFM related, probably will not receive a reply, but you will be heard.

Thank you.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:33 PM   #54
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

So, specifically to Clint,
What should I ask about?
I've never tried reaching out to the Playbook guys on playcalling but that should be done asap.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #55
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
So, specifically to Clint,
What should I ask about?
I've never tried reaching out to the Playbook guys on playcalling but that should be done asap.
Rex said in an interview about six weeks ago that Clint is now the design lead of gameplay, so he obviously has more influence than ever on all aspects of gameplay, but traditionally he's been the guy to talk to about tuning win/loss outcomes as it relates to ratings and ratings differentials, e.g., what percentage of the time should a 95 FMV DE get a super win animation vs an 78 PB OT and how quickly should the shed be on that super win.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2017, 11:52 PM   #56
Rookie

What we need first and foremost is a game that works as intended. The frustration of sliders and persistent glitches make me put this game down every year. Until major legacy code issues are fixed, everything else feels like lipstick on a pig at this point.

I just had my only franchise stop saving formation subs for no reason. This feature hasn't worked since they added it. Whenever they add something, it breaks simething else.

We have to use custom playbooks to fix the CPU AI, but that apparently breaks weather. It goes on and on.

They need to start over, and actually fix the game they have. I've heard legacy code blamed forever by devs. At a certain point, it's not a valid excuse anymore. The community needs to demand a higher quality product. I'm a pretty big gamer, and Madden is more of a headache than every single game I own combined.

I say we go after Legacy Code. If we don't, whatever we ask for will just break something else.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »