Home

Madden “Come on, Man” Moments

This is a discussion on Madden “Come on, Man” Moments within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden “Come on, Man” Moments

This morning playing against the Raiders I couldn't stop them on 3rd and 2. I thought they kneel the ball with me having no time outs and only 1:50 left with a 2pt lead. Instead they run hurry up to the line. Pass a 25yd pass to the 1 and continue a hurry up into a incomplete pass. They run twice after that into my goal line defense and kick a field goal. With them not making any attempt to run the time out I had 22 secs left. I put it 2nd string QB and run standard Hail Mary. On 3rd Bomb R.Anderson does some funky hip check and it throws every CB 5yds to the left sideline. He clear sails to the end zone for the win. Hella fun but would be a talker for weeks.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:06 PM   #10
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corstaad
This morning playing against the Raiders I couldn't stop them on 3rd and 2. I thought they kneel the ball with me having no time outs and only 1:50 left with a 2pt lead. Instead they run hurry up to the line. Pass a 25yd pass to the 1 and continue a hurry up into a incomplete pass. They run twice after that into my goal line defense and kick a field goal. With them not making any attempt to run the time out I had 22 secs left. I put it 2nd string QB and run standard Hail Mary. On 3rd Bomb R.Anderson does some funky hip check and it throws every CB 5yds to the left sideline. He clear sails to the end zone for the win. Hella fun but would be a talker for weeks.
Yeah, I’ve noticed that if the CPU gets into the red zone under 2 min, they automatically forget if they have the lead and switch to the hurry up. Sort of funny to see them run a dive play out of the I on 3rd and short, convert, then see them rush to the line for a pass play.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:31 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Playing a Week 4 game with my fantasy draft Chargers against Jacksonville.
The Jaguars are not very good, but somehow I trail 25-16 late in the fourth quarter.
Jacksonville, on paper, isn't very good but I have thrown two red zone interceptions -- my QB is Matt Ryan -- and Dez Bryant, my top receiver, lost a fumble at my own 15 to set up a J'ville score.
Well, I score a touchdown and hit on a 2-pt. conversion to pull within 25-24 with about 1:45 to go.
I make the defensive stops, but burn my time outs.
After the punt, I am inside by 20 with about 45 seconds to go.
I complete a couple of passes, get the ball up near my own 45 with about 11 seconds left.
Ryan throws a pass to Donte Moncrief, who makes the catch and after a bit of a run is brought down at the 47 with four seconds to go.
But there is a flag -- facemask -- which means 15 free yards and more importantly the clock stops.
Justin Tucker nails the 49-yard field goal and I have a win I didn't expect or probably deserve.
It is one of the few occasions I can remember a late game flag going my way.

Last edited by rink23; 01-07-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2018, 04:49 PM   #12
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Playing against the Rams as the 49ers. Was up like 21-6. Fourth quarter. I punt. Blocked. Returned for td. Get ball back. Run off some clock. Punt. Blocked. Returned for a td. Decide if they are gonna cheese me, I'm gonna cheese them. Started running one play in hurry up. Scored two tds. won.

Come on, man.
Exact same thing happened to me. 2 blocked punts for tds in a row, when I was up in the 4th.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #13
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I have had a number of situation, usering the MLB, where I would be trying to move one direction after the snap, but the CPU would drag my playing in the opposite direction. This always results in preventing me from making the play on the RB who gashes me for solid yards.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have had a number of situation, usering the MLB, where I would be trying to move one direction after the snap, but the CPU would drag my playing in the opposite direction. This always results in preventing me from making the play on the RB who gashes me for solid yards.
This has happened to me immediately after a switch

Tell me, do you use the defensive camera?
Old 01-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #15
Rookie

Had this happen to me last night, playing against jacksonville in the superbowl and they have alex smith as their starting QB, he drops back to pass and I get some pressure on him so he tries to run only to trip on his RB and fall down so I run over him a couple times, clearly stepping on him, but the play keeps going alex smith just gets up, the RB blocks me and smith throws it 25yrds down field for a first down.

I just cut the game off lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »