Home

Madden “Come on, Man” Moments

This is a discussion on Madden “Come on, Man” Moments within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-25-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden “Come on, Man” Moments

Before we begin, let me preface this by saying: I don’t think this “belongs in the retail impressions thread.” I’m simply making this post for the people who, like me, have had moments where we’ve said “Are you f****** serious?” in the game. It’s a chance to remind ourselves that this is a video game (a subpar one, but I won’t go into that) and that both the game and player are imperfect, and ultimately, smoothen the hardened feelings after that dropped INT or after that “garbage” dice roll animation.

I’ll give you an example: in my CFM with Dallas (in which I mostly play QB only), Ezekiel Elliot on a Halfback Toss, doesn’t bother cutting up field and instead, makes a beeline for the sidelines. There’s nobody up-field. He has a 99 BCV attribute.

Come on, man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Madden “Come on, Man” Moments

Playing against the Rams as the 49ers. Was up like 21-6. Fourth quarter. I punt. Blocked. Returned for td. Get ball back. Run off some clock. Punt. Blocked. Returned for a td. Decide if they are gonna cheese me, I'm gonna cheese them. Started running one play in hurry up. Scored two tds. won.

Come on, man.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

This was a couple of years ago but I was lining up to kick a PAT. I never run fakes on pats, fgs, or punts in thousands of games of Madden. The cpu lines up all spread out like they're in zone coverage. I'm like wth, never seen this before, it must think I'm going to run a fake. I press the snap button and lo and behold I'd accidentally pressed the button to run a fake and the cpu was in zone. Can't sneak anything past that cpu!

Come on, man!
Old 12-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #4
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Had a good drive going late in the SB with the Browns. Crowell fumbles it at the 2, Kam Chancellor picks it up, literally bounces off Joe Thomas, and winds up scoring the game winning TD.

The ghost of Earnest Bynar strikes again. Come on, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-26-2017, 11:49 PM   #5
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
This was a couple of years ago but I was lining up to kick a PAT. I never run fakes on pats, fgs, or punts in thousands of games of Madden. The cpu lines up all spread out like they're in zone coverage. I'm like wth, never seen this before, it must think I'm going to run a fake. I press the snap button and lo and behold I'd accidentally pressed the button to run a fake and the cpu was in zone. Can't sneak anything past that cpu!

Come on, man!
Yeah that's kind of dumb tbh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #6
Rookie

this is madden 17 as i was incarcerated for the release of madden 18 and i dont want to spend money for the same thing i already have but with new players; anyways..

One of my teams i hope to write a dynasty thread about when i can, playing the jags about 2 weeks ago... down 21-16, i block a punt, none of my 7 players seem to be able to pick the ball up, one of their players on punt coverage picks it up, runs 60 yards to my 5, i strip the ball with Stephon Gilmore carry the return all the way back, just to fumble on the goal line and the ball went out of the back of the end zone.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:48 PM   #7
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't remember the score, but I was winning late vs Green Bay with under 2 minutes so they were in hurry up. They march in to field goal range and on 4th down bring out the FG unit but they run a fake and convert it. Then they proceed to go no huddle with their FG unit and throw an interception and seal the game for me. Come on man
Old 01-02-2018, 07:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I don't remember the score, but I was winning late vs Green Bay with under 2 minutes so they were in hurry up. They march in to field goal range and on 4th down bring out the FG unit but they run a fake and convert it. Then they proceed to go no huddle with their FG unit and throw an interception and seal the game for me. Come on man
Something similar happened to me on a fake punt. They converted and went into hurry up, the punter turned into Aaron Rogers throwing strikes to the 300lb DE who'd moved out to WR and was playing like Gronk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »