Home

I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me

This is a discussion on I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2017, 11:46 PM   #17
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Everyone wants realism until they get it.
Disagree. I am so happy with this I can't even explain it. The only thing that needs adjusting is to have injury animations for off the ball injuries.

The people crying about it should play on competitive mode and turn off injuries.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:40 AM   #18
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
My only gripe with injuries this year is that at default injury it seems like 90% of them are 5 week or longer serious injuries. Very few 1-2 game or will return soon injuries.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Operation Sports mobile app
That is my main gripe as well. And why I turned the slider down a bit. Way too many players were going out for 5+ weeks from too many teams in the league. A lot of the injuries we see in the NFL aren't ones that are sidelining players for multiple weeks. And many players play through them.

I do wish we had the option to allow players to play through some injuries like they do in real life. Broken ribs are a common one in Madden that sideline players for 5+ weeks most of the time. In real life players are suiting up the next week and toughing it out most of the time. We should have that option for some of the injuries in Madden. Broken ribs, broken collarbone, dislocated ankle/elbow/finger, broken hand, and even sprained MCL.

Unfortunately the game only allows us to potentially bring a player back the week before they are intended to return. That isn't realistic.

edit: Are career-ending injuries in Madden 18 though? I know they used to be in older versions, but I haven't seen a career-ending injury in years. Maybe back in Madden 11 or 13. I haven't seen one yet in M18 if they are in it.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:37 AM   #19
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Unfortunately the game only allows us to potentially bring a player back the week before they are intended to return. That isn't realistic.
I have been offered the option to return players with 2-3 weeks left on their injury, so there is a little more variety than that.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:53 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
Years ago when I started my first franchise season I lost Alex Smith, Gore and Vernon Davis in the preseason. All for long durations. I've had injuries off since then, but it's great that they're available for the people that want to use them.
Yeah, I still turn injuries off for preseason. The AI can’t be trusted to keep starters off the field in them so I accept that little bit of unrealism.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:28 AM   #21
MVP

Injury duration distribution in madden has been messed up for quite awhile. Injury frequency seems good and it can be adujusted by sliders for quarter length. Most NFL injuries are part of the game, the rest of the game and a week or two (concussions for example). Suggesting people play arcade mode if they don't like the current madden injury system is not constructive by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 10:39 AM   #22
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I have been offered the option to return players with 2-3 weeks left on their injury, so there is a little more variety than that.
That is nice. I haven't seen that yet. Most of the time I don't even get the option to bring a player back early.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
That is nice. I haven't seen that yet. Most of the time I don't even get the option to bring a player back early.
Yeah, I've seen it happen the same way as NimitsTexan has. A lot of variety and big decisions for a injured player to come back 2 to 3 weeks early.

This tells me there is plenty of variety with injuries and length of injuries in Madden 18.

Last edited by roadman; 12-27-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #24
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Which type of injury is the one where you get the option to have a player return 2-3 weeks early? I assume it is probably limited to a specific injury.

Also I don't think the CPU ever returns players early from injury. This clamps down on the variety/length quite a bit if you are doing a solo CFM.

I'd still like to see more injuries that only last 1-3 weeks. Those are a rarity in my opinion. And those are probably the most common type of injuries in the NFL.

edit: I think I remember concussion injuries being only a single week. They should be 1-career ending, with the career ending version being incredibly rare. Even in real life there is never an exact time-line for concussions. And some players have their careers end early because of them (Aikman/Young).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »