Home

I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me

This is a discussion on I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-28-2017, 12:09 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: I try to enjoy this game, but the injuries are ruining it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Definitely (in addition to what we have now). Though this would end up making injuries more impactful not (as the OP seemed to want) less.
Injuries do impact Physical ratings in CFM, but XP overrides and bumps them back up.
- AI always apply points to the physical ratings

Turn off XP sliders, and you’ll get your injury impact, plus more!!!
Old 12-28-2017, 02:22 PM   #34
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Love the rate that injuries are happening so far in my first season (14 games in).

I do have a question about it though. *THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT* I'm finding that it's only my top guys getting hurt long term. Lost my MLB (88 overall), RB (83), top WR (84) and top CB (85). Their injury attributes were all above 92 as well. Only other guy that's been injured for more than a week is a 78 overall WR (Though he's my second best WR...). Does the injury attribute effect anything?

I'm assuming that it's probably just a small sample size on my end, or because (in the case of the WR and RB) they're the guys that have the ball more often, but it is interesting that it's only my top guys. But, as I said, I'm happy that the injuries are actually happening this year, and have enjoyed the fact that I need to build a team with actual depth.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:30 PM   #35
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Injuries do impact Physical ratings in CFM, but XP overrides and bumps them back up.

- AI always apply points to the physical ratings

Turn off XP sliders, and you’ll get your injury impact, plus more!!!

Always?

Is there a hierarchy of how CPU applies XP (every 4 weeks vs End of year)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 03:58 AM   #36
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Love the rate that injuries are happening so far in my first season (14 games in).

I do have a question about it though. *THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT* I'm finding that it's only my top guys getting hurt long term. Lost my MLB (88 overall), RB (83), top WR (84) and top CB (85). Their injury attributes were all above 92 as well. Only other guy that's been injured for more than a week is a 78 overall WR (Though he's my second best WR...). Does the injury attribute effect anything?

I'm assuming that it's probably just a small sample size on my end, or because (in the case of the WR and RB) they're the guys that have the ball more often, but it is interesting that it's only my top guys. But, as I said, I'm happy that the injuries are actually happening this year, and have enjoyed the fact that I need to build a team with actual depth.
It really depends on a lot of things, including Down Played (for "off ball injuries), touches (for "on ball" injuries), and the injury rating. After restarting my Cowboys franchise multiple times (due to my frustrations with broken on field play), I can say for sure that DE Lawrence is the most easily injured player for that team. After Lawrence, other DL and OL probably come in second for multi-game injuries, and second string RBs (Morris, McFadden) third for most injured. QBs, WRs, and as well as Elliot seem to have been injured very rarely for my Cowboys.

The game this year does really make you consider pulling skill players once a game is lost (or won in a blowout), much more than almost any other next gen iteration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Always?

Is there a hierarchy of how CPU applies XP (every 4 weeks vs End of year)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The more points the AI has when it buys upgrades, the more likely it is to spend those points on "big ticket" upgrades.

Since physical upgrades tend to cast more than "intelligence" upgrades, the AI will generally spend more points on them when set to End of Year than 4 weeks, and more often with 4 weeks than weekly. That said, the age of the player will effect XP cost, and his development trait XP gain, so mileage will vary depending on the player.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 12-29-2017 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:16 AM   #37
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
My only gripe with injuries this year is that at default injury it seems like 90% of them are 5 week or longer serious injuries. Very few 1-2 game or will return soon injuries.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Operation Sports mobile app
And the types of injury seem to be more or less limited.

Lots of collarbone injuries. Lots of knee (not a bad thing). But not a lot of variety.

What's maybe missing is those lingering injuries. Turf toe, an ankle sprain, a banged up knee... something that doesn't fully keep a player out but maybe limits there play the more they're on the field. Think of system that's kinda like a full health refresh. You enter the game and maybe they could gain a +50% recover for resting. Play them sparingly (a limited snap count) and they get +30%. Play them a little to much and net 0%. Start them all game and lean on them and maybe they come out of it at -25%, re-injured, or even suffer a worse injury.

Right now we just have an option of resting a guy one or two weeks more.. or playing him with what seems like ridiculously low ratings.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #38
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

"These pretzels are making me thirsty."
Old 12-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #39
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I have my injury slider at 20 or 25 and I'm really happy with the amount I see on 13 minute quarters. My only complaint is in 5 years of CFM I haven't had an injury yet that has knocked someone out for the entire season yet. Lots of shoulder and abdominal tears though keeping guys out for 5-8 weeks
Old 12-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #40
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I have my injury slider at 20 or 25 and I'm really happy with the amount I see on 13 minute quarters. My only complaint is in 5 years of CFM I haven't had an injury yet that has knocked someone out for the entire season yet. Lots of shoulder and abdominal tears though keeping guys out for 5-8 weeks
In game injuries don't ever seem to be longer than 8 weeks, but I've seen some simmed injuries for CPU teams that were 30 plus weeks, things like torn Achilles or ACLs.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »