Home

Polygon: Sports Game of the Year 2017 - Madden 18

This is a discussion on Polygon: Sports Game of the Year 2017 - Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Polygon: Sports Game of the Year 2017 - Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I just broke out all pro football again and Iím amazed how well does game still holds up here in in 2018
If the game didn't look so bad on my 4K televisions I would probably still be playing it too.

I think there are still more ball carrier moves in 2K8 than Madden.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:49 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
The community here is such a small minority of the true population that plays Madden. Longshot, the competitive Madden gaming culture, and MUT are massively popular. CFM is something that is tacked on to please a small minority.
Apparently 65 percent is a small community. But your right that 65 percent got smaller with madden 18. And that top notch movie called Longshot... The title says it all as far as the likely hood of me or my friends buying Madden 18. We are football fans first, gamers second.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:12 PM   #51
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
Apparently 65 percent is a small community. But your right that 65 percent got smaller with madden 18. And that top notch movie called Longshot... The title says it all as far as the likely hood of me or my friends buying Madden 18. We are football fans first, gamers second.
Where on earth are you getting your 65% number?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Where on earth are you getting your 65% number?
The 65 percent was from an EA developer, I think Rex, that stated that franchise mode was the main mode played by 65 percent of fans of the game. I cant find a link, I was going off of memory. But , Madden 18 is obviously more geared toward MUT and longshot.
Franchise wasn't touched so I moved on to other things. I miss Madden, but not as bad as I thought I would. I still come to Operation sports just to stay current.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #53
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
The 65 percent was from an EA developer, I think Rex, that stated that franchise mode was the main mode played by 65 percent of fans of the game. I cant find a link, I was going off of memory. But , Madden 18 is obviously more geared toward MUT and longshot.
Franchise wasn't touched so I moved on to other things. I miss Madden, but not as bad as I thought I would. I still come to Operation sports just to stay current.
Madden has been geared towards MUT and competitive leagues for several years now. And Longshot this season.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:02 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Madden has been geared towards MUT and competitive leagues for several years now. And Longshot this season.
That is why Madden fails in my opinion, because it has no intention of being a football game, it is a loosely based representation of the NFL and itís teams. No substance, certainly not anywhere close to MLB the show. I love football, and maybe thatís my problem, because I want for Madden what The Show is for baseball fans. I guess I learned this year that I am not the audience EA wants anymore. Take care.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »