Home

Return of Retired Players

This is a discussion on Return of Retired Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

OVR: 0
Return of Retired Players

I have an interesting idea regarding the potential return of recently retired players that likely could still play if they chose to.

From Brett Farve's constant struggle to decide if he really wanted to retire years ago, to the successful return of beast mode, Marshawn Lynch to the Raiders, I believe that it would be interesting to see how different players would be rated if they came back on madden 18.

If there is any player that you all are interested in getting feedback on, just post their name here and others can feel free to give their opinions on what they should be rated.

I am considering creating Tony Romo again to resurrect his career elsewhere after injuries ruined his career in Dallas. Potentially like Drew Brees did when he got to New Orleans.

What do you believe would an accurate rating update following his latest injury and time off following his retirement?

Other players that I am interested in getting feed back on are listed below

- Tim Tebow
- Mike Vick
- Maurice Jones-Drew
- Brett Farve (just for fun lol)

These are just some of the players that I am curious in and I'd love to see what you have to say about how they would be rated if they came back today.

Thanks in advance. All comments are welcomed

Sent from my N9560 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Return of Retired Players

retired players used to return in, i think, madden 12 or 13. i had a lot of players retire and then return. once had a QB retire after winning four SB with me. then one year later he came back took the jets to a SB loss and hung around for three more years until he was 38yo.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
retired players used to return in, i think, madden 12 or 13. i had a lot of players retire and then return. once had a QB retire after winning four SB with me. then one year later he came back took the jets to a SB loss and hung around for three more years until he was 38yo.
I had it happen a few times in my M15 CFM. I think Adrian Peterson retired and came back. And Von Miller did as well. Not many did though.

Freaking Tom Brady made it through the 2019 season in my current M18 CFM. Finally retired. He went to 3 straight SB's 2017-2019 as well. Dude is a machine, even in M18.

I remember seeing Janikowski playing to like age 47 or 48 in one of my M18 test CFM's. I think that was because he was 99 OVR overpowered with a cheat roster to simulate the CFM trophies quickly. I think Matt Bryant is currently my oldest player in my current CFM in the 2020 season. Maybe Adam V is still playing.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

Now that is great to hear. I love that they let that happen. Since it does happen in real life, it's great to see it happening on madden

I spent some of the afternoon watching Maurice Jones-Drew highlights so I've decided to bring him back in madden 18.

He retired at age 29, and many people felt he still had some left in the tank. He wasn't the premier back any more in Oakland so his yardage suffered, and led to him deciding to call it quits.

I believe in the right system, Mojo can still produce and be a solid running back, even if he isn't the starter.

Considering it's been 3 full years since his retirement, he'll definitely get reductions in speed, and jumping etc. His strength could still be solid considering he was among the strongest running backs in the league. I don't see him being a star anymore, but I can see him as a serviceable runner for my Jaguars franchise.

I'm going to have fun with this idea. I'll probably start by using their latest rating in the last madden that they were in, and tweak the rating accordingly.

Sent from my N9560 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-31-2017, 09:40 PM   #5
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I had it happen a few times in my M15 CFM. I think Adrian Peterson retired and came back. And Von Miller did as well. Not many did though.

Freaking Tom Brady made it through the 2019 season in my current M18 CFM. Finally retired. He went to 3 straight SB's 2017-2019 as well. Dude is a machine, even in M18.

I remember seeing Janikowski playing to like age 47 or 48 in one of my M18 test CFM's. I think that was because he was 99 OVR overpowered with a cheat roster to simulate the CFM trophies quickly. I think Matt Bryant is currently my oldest player in my current CFM in the 2020 season. Maybe Adam V is still playing.

Was playing against Tom Brady with my Dolphins in the ‘18-‘19 season. Convinced Cam Wake to return, and on the first play of scrimmage, Wake sacks Brady and breaks his leg. He wound up retiring due to injury. Not even mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #6
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Just like real life!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Little off subject but man I miss the legends they used to have in the old games. I could break out Madden 10 and make a dream league franchise without any restrictions, just trade the legends to the current teams and have a blast. That's what I miss most about the old games, you didn't have to earn everything by grinding forever. Madden 25 was cool, I had 2 All Star legends teams you could play with in exhibition mode, But for some odd ball reason they didn't let you use these players in a franchise.... After that, you didn't see any Legend/Teams besides what you could unlock in Ultimate team.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I miss players retiring and becoming coaches later on.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »