Home

Are We Asking Too Much From Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Are We Asking Too Much From Franchise Mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Are We Asking Too Much From Franchise Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with you, but I just don't see the advertising for a Engineer to work in CFM as PR. The positions were located in Austin, TX and or Orlando FL.
I'm pretty sure the Austin, TX studio is the Longshot studio that Josh Looman (former Head Coach lead and creator of MUT, this guy probably can do whatever he wants at EA ha) and Michael Young set out to create. So if there are franchise jobs being offered at that studio, I would assume it has something to do with integrating the Longshot tech into CFM.

Last edited by Alex the Great; 01-02-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex the Great
I'm pretty sure the Austin, TX studio is the Longshot studio that Josh Loomin (former Head Coach lead) and Michael Young set out to create. So if there are franchise jobs being offered at that studio, I would assume it has something to do with integrating the Longshot tech into CFM.
CFM is developed, and has been for a while, mainly out of the Austin studio.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
CFM is developed, and has been for a while, mainly out of the Austin studio.
Interesting that John White is in Orlando then. Obviously in today's world you don't need to be in the same country even to get work done, but seems odd the lead would be in a different location than most of the team.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #28
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Interesting that John White is in Orlando then. Obviously in today's world you don't need to be in the same country even to get work done, but seems odd the lead would be in a different location than most of the team.

In my experience this is normal thanks to technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #29
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Might be that Johns main office is at Orlando as part of the leader c2 hub, but he works/travels mainlybout of office controlling the worker bees
Old 01-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #30
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Plain and simple...NO we are not asking to much for CFM. I hate and I mean HATE the XP system they have in the game. It's a football game not COD or something like that. We shouldn't have control over things like that except through the coaching staff we have. Like your offensive coordinator is good with QB's, so they would get a better boost over other guys, and so on.

A couple of guys were talking about NCAA 14, I just went back to playing that the last couple of weeks and I am having a blast with it. My biggest complaint about that game is the recruiting. I prefer the recruiting in NCAA 12 over 14 myself. 14 seems like you have no real control over it, 12 I feel like I can make a difference in calling the recruit and talking about things he is interested in. It's more time consuming but to me it's a lot better.
AMEN!!! Man XP is holding back franchise so much it is ridiculous. It makes all the complexities of managing a team that are supposed to be fun and challenging so simple, easy, and BORING! Not to mention unrealistic. This applies to online and offline franchise, no matter what sliders a league has.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 01-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #31
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
It really frustrates me, because alot of these things IMO are things that should be staples of any franchise mode....yet arent in Madden. Instead, we hear things about how not enough people like franchise mode to focus on it....yet the reason why people arent into it is because the mode is mediocre and boring. Make it engrossing, strategic and fun and I guarantee, the mode will be very popular among casuals and hardcore sim fans alike.
Agreed, I think the reason people don't take franchise seriously is because it is poor, not the other way around.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

no

most of the features i want as an offline coach mode franchise player have been in prior versions of madden or in either of the HC games or NCAA 14

contract renegotiation and type of contract are easy to code in my opinion, as are 5th year options, different types of franchise tag and compensatory picks

the hard bit maybe is the play creator from HC09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »