Home

How did this happen -- defensive improvement

This is a discussion on How did this happen -- defensive improvement within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-02-2018, 07:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How did this happen -- defensive improvement

I am playing with a Chargers team built through fantasy draft (or whatever you call it).
The sticking point with my defense since the get-go has been stopping the run.
I routinely gave up well over 150 yards a game -- usually with a run or two of 40 plus yards.
Part way through the second season, all of a sudden, my defense looks like the 1985 Bears giving up no rushing yardage and no big plays.
I didn't mess with the sliders -- I didn't play from Dec. 17 through Dec. 30 due to being out of town -- and really can't think of anything I am doing differently.
On one hand, it's great, I just finished a 12-4 regular season and am the No. 1 seed going into the postseason, compared to 7-9 and no playoffs the first season, but I have to wonder what happened.
Was there a patch I am not aware of? Or did my defensive players just figure it out?
The games since week 11 -- I closed out with six straight wins -- have been almost non-competitive due to the strength of my run defense.
And while it looks good, it really it is kind of monontonus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2018, 07:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How did this happen -- defensive improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23
I am playing with a Chargers team built through fantasy draft (or whatever you call it).

The sticking point with my defense since the get-go has been stopping the run.

I routinely gave up well over 150 yards a game -- usually with a run or two of 40 plus yards.

Part way through the second season, all of a sudden, my defense looks like the 1985 Bears giving up no rushing yardage and no big plays.

I didn't mess with the sliders -- I didn't play from Dec. 17 through Dec. 30 due to being out of town -- and really can't think of anything I am doing differently.

On one hand, it's great, I just finished a 12-4 regular season and am the No. 1 seed going into the postseason, compared to 7-9 and no playoffs the first season, but I have to wonder what happened.

Was there a patch I am not aware of? Or did my defensive players just figure it out?

The games since week 11 -- I closed out with six straight wins -- have been almost non-competitive due to the strength of my run defense.

And while it looks good, it really it is kind of monontonus.

I have that same problem in week 1 if my fantasy draft. The cpu usually has negative yards in the first half rushing and only sometimes get lucky with a long run. It makes games non competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #3
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

There was a patch (1.08) that impacted ball carriers (including WRs) and made some of them run extremely slow.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #4
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Since 1.08 was released a couple of weeks ago, if you do not manually edit the CPU ball carriers to "Cover Ball = Never" they will basically be unable to sprint, making run defense much easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »