Home

Make own player injured?

This is a discussion on Make own player injured? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
The 49ers Showcase the Inadequacy of Madden's Man-Match Coverage
Undisputed Beta #3 - Improvements We'd Like to See
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled

Old 01-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Make own player injured?

Not sure if I'll get a response, my questions don't seem to get much attention on here lol.

I'm playing M17, new franchise as the Vikings. I don't want to use the regular season roster since I'd be stuck with losing a first round pick for Bradford. But..I also want Teddy to be on my IR. (I know that sounds awful)

Ideally, he's injured. I keep my first rounder and instead trade a 4th to the Bengals for AJ. Then when 2017 season rolls around Teddy gets traded to the Browns or someone. I could just sit him, but that takes up a roster spot, which I can't really afford.

I've tried lowering his injury stat to 1 and simming preseason games. Nothing happened. Is there a better way? Or am I stuck sitting him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Make own player injured?

Play a pre season game and run him every single play until he gets hurt, that's all I can think of. Why don't you just trade him now instead of waiting a year?
Old 01-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Play a pre season game and run him every single play until he gets hurt, that's all I can think of. Why don't you just trade him now instead of waiting a year?
Seems like a weird thing to do with him coming off an 11-5 season and his bromance with mike zimmer lol. I suppose i could role play some sort of internal issue to where he asked to be dealt.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:28 PM   #4
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Well if you want Bridgewater injured and you want the first round pick, I'd just start a CFM with the regular season roster but control the Vikings and Eagles and trade the first round pick that Philly got for Bradford back to Minnesota for a guy you're going to cut, then retire the Philly coach as soon as the trade goes though
Old 01-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Well if you want Bridgewater injured and you want the first round pick, I'd just start a CFM with the regular season roster but control the Vikings and Eagles and trade the first round pick that Philly got for Bradford back to Minnesota for a guy you're going to cut, then retire the Philly coach as soon as the trade goes though
That..That's what I should have done lmao. Never crossed my mind to just retrade them. I ended up trading Teddy, and 2 third rounders to the Jets for 2 firsts and a second. Then I traded 2 more thirds for AJ. Works out, Jets get a needed franchise QB, I get a cheaper one (in the long term) and the picks to spend the extra cash on my defense.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, honestly either of your suggestions woulda worked for me ultimately and I was so caught up trying to injure him I hadn't even considered my other options.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »