Home

Old 01-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Jon Gruden in Madden

I wonder, with the themes each year that the Madden team likes to promote based on what has happened in the NFL, would there be enough time for Madden 19 be the Year of the Coach, with Jon Gruden on the cover?

A focus on coaching decisions and options in the game, especially between MUT and Franchise. We received MUT Squads last year; an expansion with Gruden being the figure head would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Jon Gruden in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I wonder, with the themes each year that the Madden team likes to promote based on what has happened in the NFL, would there be enough time for Madden 19 be the Year of the Coach, with Jon Gruden on the cover?

A focus on coaching decisions and options in the game, especially between MUT and Franchise. We received MUT Squads last year; an expansion with Gruden being the figure head would be nice.
Only if it means we get some actual NFL assistant coaches, and an overhaul of player progression tied to coordinator or position coaches (would be really nice).
Old 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Only if it means we get some actual NFL assistant coaches, and an overhaul of player progression tied to coordinator or position coaches (would be really nice).
That is something I am hoping for.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:40 AM   #4
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Good idea
A year devoted to promoting coaching including:-
A proper coach more experience without having to kick , punt etc whereby you simply play by calling plays
Revamped challenge system
Revamped injury system with a proper *fleshed out* version of big decisions regarding injured players participation in practice and games
Addition of co-ordinators and assistant coaches with abilities to influence progression , regression ,healing etc and personalised play books and schemes which travel with them from team to team
Just a few ideas they could use to promote M19
Old 01-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I would really like to get rid of the RPG player advancement system, though I assume it will not go away. I would like to see player improvement based on coordinators and coaches; repetition on routes, zone, man, blitz..etc etc

I would like to see a system where plays can continue to provide bonuses when practiced, but would like the ability to select individual plays; key plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 03:52 AM   #6
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞

Would be nice, Madden many Gens ago, had assistant coaches, and players would get a +/- in certain ratings based on the coaches. It was very fun, from what I remember.
I remember it had a Coaches free agency! Retired players would come back as coaches.
How good would Madden be, if they could keep stuff that immersed us.
EA, just bring back features and sliders, etc. That was already in the game before.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 01-07-2018 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:45 AM   #7
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I would really like to get rid of the RPG player advancement system, though I assume it will not go away. I would like to see player improvement based on coordinators and coaches; repetition on routes, zone, man, blitz..etc etc

I would like to see a system where plays can continue to provide bonuses when practiced, but would like the ability to select individual plays; key plays.
Yes
I can't see them totally removing XP earned via in-game stats or goals but maybe they could de-emphasise this part of the system and focus more on XP gained via practice and training development
Assistant coaches and co-ordinators could maybe have strengths and weaknesses that altered the costs of raising specific attributes for various position groups which related to their specific offensive or defensive schemes
Addditionally the addition of a training camp experience whereby XP could be earned ( again depending on the strengths of the coaching and training staffs ) would diminish the role played by stat based progression without necessarily totally removing it and in so doing requiring a total rebuild and upsetting those that insist on stat based progression
In my eyes if something like 2/ 3 of XP was available outside of in-game stats via practices..training camp and game- planning type devices XP could become a far more realistic system while still allowing progression for those players who produce on the field
Old 01-09-2018, 03:15 PM   #8
Rookie

I would love to see a full coaching staff, HC, OC under him is QB,RB,OL,WR,TE coaches, DC under him is DL,LB,CB,S coaches. special team coach, strength and conditioning coach. All these coaches progress depending on how their group does.

I think it would add a lot of dept to the game, maybe a former position coach has risen to be a head coach of rival team, maybe you had a former player thats now on your coaching staff, etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »