Home

Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

This is a discussion on Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #73
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
What did the editor fix about the game exactly?
im also curious..

also..maybe we are getting so little now with madden that people are just estatic with what ncaa 14 offered.

with each new console generation we expect more out of madden...

but they keep giving us less and less.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #74
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
Ever since the Xbox One backwards compatibility program for 360 titles was announced in 2015, the idea of bringing past sports games, namely NCAA 14, to the platform has always intrigued me. Now that original Xbox backwards compatibility exists, the idea of playing MVP Baseball 2005 on my Xbox One is pretty damn enticing also. I'm not sure how licensing or legal issues would affect those possibilities, though.

It's worth mentioning that the Original Xbox versions of MVP Baseball 2003 and ESPN NFL 2K5 were brought to the Xbox 360 via backwards compatibility, so there is some precedent for sports games making the jump from one generation to the next via that method.
With the solution Microsoft uses to make BC work on the XB1, there is zero chance that any of the licensed sports games are going to be made available. They are actually editing the code so that it becomes a new software title that requires the approval of the rights holders.

Sports games are particularly vulnerable to this, because they would essentially have to get approval from too many entities. Add in the notion that it would make it easier for gamers to skip current sports titles in favor of older ones, and there is zero motivation to make this happen.

And with NCAA, EA dropped it because of the lawsuits by players demanding to get paid. There is no way they are going to approve a game that would re-open that discussion.

Same goes for Tiger woods Golf, because that separation was so ugly that EA pulled every single product from their online stores that had any mention of Tiger. Plus, EA has run into issues with golf courses charging too much for their rights compared with the sales they have been able to generate. They won't be trying to make that happen, either.

On the plus side, going forward, every sports game ought to be playable on every new version of the Xbox, as it will be real BC and not a software fix. Doesn't help with old titles, but it means anything that is out for the XB1 will always run on future Xbox consoles.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 01-16-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
What did the editor fix about the game exactly?
Too much to even try and put in a post.

Half the info I could note, most still wouldn’t know what to do with it.

It’s the same with Madden also, a lot could be done to enhance gameplay, but folks jumped in the editor trying to do all kinds of complexed stuff without understanding some of the basic things of using the editor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 10:24 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 0

I never played NCAA 14, but know that APF 2k8 is still more realistic than Madden is today. Everyone on Madden feels extremely generic. Even back then 2k was able to make each player feel, look and play like their real life counter-parts. Not to mention the coverages and schemes were more realistic as well.

The engine has nothing to do with them not replicating players or defensive schemes correctly, that's simply a game design decision to not go in that direction.

If you think about when has EA ever put out a realistic sports game? UFC, NHL, NFL, NBA, all of their offerings they never try to go in a simulation route.

That said, the bigger problem are the fans. Because they continue to buy the same lack luster products year after year, rewarding EA for their poor development choices. If you want them to improve, don't buy their product and I guarantee things will change. Buying the game and then complaining on the forum hasn't amounted to anything.

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 01-16-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #77
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24 7
I never played NCAA 14, but know that APF 2k8 is still more realistic than Madden is today. Everyone on Madden feels extremely generic. Even back then 2k was able to make each player feel, look and play like their real life counter-parts. Not to mention the coverages and schemes were more realistic as well.

The engine has nothing to do with them not replicating players or defensive schemes correctly, that's simply a game design decision to not go in that direction.

If you think about when has EA ever put out a realistic sports game? UFC, NHL, NFL, NBA, all of their offerings they never try to go in a simulation route.

That said, the bigger problem are the fans. Because they continue to buy the same lack luster products year after year, rewarding EA for their poor development choices. If you want them to improve, don't buy their product and I guarantee things will change. Buying the game and then complaining on the forum hasn't amounted to anything.
i agree...

and i did it for my football fix. but...i have that now.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Thought I would spread a bit of cheer in this thread.

Let's not try to pooh-pah this news, the only thing acceptable should be, I'll believe when I see it. lol

Rex on Twitter:

Madden 18 finished the year as the #4 best selling title in North America. Franchise and MUT both saw record numbers of people playing. We appreciate all the support from our core.

Now make franchise better for 2019.

You guys showed up in record numbers for Franchise. We owe you guys a big year in 19.

There have been several other indications CFM will be improved. How much it's improved is a wait and see approach in June.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #79
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thought I would spread a bit of cheer in this thread.

Let's not try to pooh-pah this news, the only thing acceptable should be, I'll believe when I see it. lol

Rex on Twitter:

Madden 18 finished the year as the #4 best selling title in North America. Franchise and MUT both saw record numbers of people playing. We appreciate all the support from our core.

Now make franchise better for 2019.

You guys showed up in record numbers for Franchise. We owe you guys a big year in 19.

There have been several other indications CFM will be improved. How much it's improved is a wait and see approach in June.
I'll believe it when I see it.

(Did I do that right?)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)
Old 01-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 6

For BC xbox 360 games on XBO for EA, - like 2 years ago they were going to make the 360/ps3 Boxing game available on EA Access and BC. I forgot the name but it had all the greats like Ali etc... But for some reason it never happened. There was a press release talking about it but that was the end of it.

I would love to see at least one of the Tiger Woods games on EA Access BC. But like others mentioned, the breakup was so bad it probably won't happen. But EA has given up on Golf now if I'm not mistaken. I don't think they have any golf games in development after Rory.

For college games, I think they're waiting on the courts to decide. It's taking forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »