Home

Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

This is a discussion on Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

I also have more hours in NCAA 14 than Madden 18 since Madden's release date. Same is true for Madden 17. And 16. Etc. It's just a better game than anything Madden has put out since CFM happened. Madden has never recovered. I got a season and a half into a CFM in Madden this year before totally losing interest, and I've finished about 4 seasons of Dynasty in NCAA in the same time period as well as burning through two quick 2017 seasons with Marshall and VT.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:14 PM   #10
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

i just cant figure out why we aren't getting this type of gameplay and animations from the madden team...

where momentum on tackles means something and u can actually see them happen. where qbs play somewhat similar to how a real life person would play it. amazing atmosphere and crowd noise. realistic pass rushing that the user gets to dictate an control what moves are done.

this game has the best blocking logic i have ever seen...hands down.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-09-2018, 01:02 AM   #11
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I also believe the coach mode in NCAA 14 is miles better than M18 if my memory serves me well..
NCAA coach mode is better then any Madden, because it is a true coach mode. You don't have to do the kicking and the QB's actually scramble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 01:30 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I wouldn't necessarily agree that sliders worked better in NCAA than Madden. I've used the same approach from NCAA into Madden and they are pretty close in how they work. I do agree that it's legacy code the whole way though. The penalties in NCAA work the same way in Madden, except for the fact of some penalties that don't show up often enough. NCAA's lack of Defensive PI compared to Madden's is a big difference that sticks out to me. The fact that Madden actually has this animation played out is a big advantage.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:09 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

To be fair though, NCAA 13 & 14 received a lot of criticism back then also about things the community felt the game lacked.

It wasn’t until Xanathol introduced his editor that gave us access at a deeper level to edit some of those things under the hood that frustrated community.

Even with the ability to manipulate some things about the game, people still complained about the game at the time.

I remember all the threads noting folks frustrations about NCAA 14, which was the driver towards getting the editor to work with ‘14.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:26 AM   #14
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
To be fair though, NCAA 13 & 14 received a lot of criticism back then also about things the community felt the game lacked.

It wasn’t until Xanathol introduced his editor that gave us access at a deeper level to edit some of those things under the hood that frustrated community.

Even with the ability to manipulate some things about the game, people still complained about the game at the time.

I remember all the threads noting folks frustrations about NCAA 14, which was the driver towards getting the editor to work with ‘14.
People around here complain about everything every year. I was one who loved 14 after a few months with the game. At first I had to adjust. I was used to 12 and 13.....14 really stepped it up. After the patches worked some kinks out I never looked back.
Madden 22
NBA 2K22
No Mans Sky

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

NCAA 14 was/is a good football game. I still have my PS3 hooked up just for this game. I know it will never happen, but I've always held out a sliver of hope that they would port it over to PS4, give it a fresh coat of lipstick (ala Madden), and maybe add few tweaks/sliders to make recruiting, coach carousel, and progression more difficult, and update schools/conferences.

But, I imagine the lawsuit they settled might prohibit them from porting it over. At the very least, they probably can't do anything that would generate revenue. Which means they would be investing time, resources, etc to ultimately give it away for free. I can't see them doing that.

Although.....If there is a remote chance that the title could return in the future, maybe bringing the game over to current gen keeping it relevant (in the public eye) would pay off down the road. I don't know. Just being my own "devils advocate". lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

NCAA 14 is a big reason why I've still got my PS3 and 360 hooked up. This game, along with EA Access, makes it easy to pass on buying Madden.
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »