Home

Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

This is a discussion on Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-10-2018, 06:12 AM   #25
F17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

I don't know why 2K haven't thought to make a CFB game. EA can't hold the licenses to the colleges themselves (though it wouldn't surprise me somehow). So even if they did it in the style of APF with legends from each college...(and maybe an ability to edit players and share rosters...for those that were so inclined to edit them...for whatever reason). Then of course the depth that they could do afterwards with recruiting and player turnover etc etc etc. It'd be a massive money maker for them because there would be waves of people both football fans and those who don't want to pay money to EA anymore who would buy it immediately. At the very least it would give a new option and at best it would be an amazing game and madden would have to up its standards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 09:30 AM   #26
Rookie

Broncos58's Arena

Man I feel the same way as you do about Madden Franchise mode. I play NBA 2k18 MyLeague, and then go over to Madden 18 franchise, and the lack of depth in Madden is astounding. Simple things like coordinators, compensatory picks, and 5th year options for first round draft picks are missing. 2k18 is ridiculously in depth and realistic, making me wonder how much better Madden 18 franchise would be with half of those features.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #27
Rookie

Broncos58's Arena

If only 2k could do a football game, I can only imagine how great it would be. 2k actually cares about the game. EA sports just doesn't seem to care anymore. They focus all their time into the mode that makes them money...MUT.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #28
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

This is direction I went 2 months ago with trash madden 18 is for offline. I got NCAA 14 and Madden 25(draft classes). I use Matts community sliders for NCAA, and Armors or charters for Madden. I lose and win games in both, and even better, have fun!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #29
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Man I forgot all about College Hoops 2k8, I have that in a stack of PS3 games I believe. Gonna have to find it and play some.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #30
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Man I forgot all about College Hoops 2k8, I have that in a stack of PS3 games I believe. Gonna have to find it and play some.
that game is still amazing. graphics are really bad since it was only 2nd year development on ps3....and controls are way off from current 2k bball..

but again. its gameplay is still very good, great commentary, presentation, atmosphere, recruiting, highlight shows with greg gumble..

lol that game always gets played by me right around tournament time lol

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #31
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Oh I still jam Fight Night 4 and FNC on the PS3......in pac I have a ton of amazing created boxers on FN4.....still a great game. Also Top Spin 4 and CH2K8.....great stuff on the PS3.
Fight Night Champion is such a great game. I really need to dedicate a day during the week to playing PS3/360 games, because I seem to go weeks/months without touching it due to everything else going on with life, and then the PS4, Switch, etc.
Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #32
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Biggest mistake I ever made video game wise was ditching my 360 when the One came out. That was right when we were really digging into what we could do with the editor. NCAA 14 was awesome. This year I bit the bullet, went to my local GameStop, and purchased a used 360 along with NCAA 14. Set me back a little over $100 but well worth it in the long run.

Don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying Madden 18 quite a bit. But NCAA was ahead if it's time.

Also I totally forget about College Hoops. I may have to hunt that game down. That was a great game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »