Home

Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

This is a discussion on Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #41
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

im really hoping that my write up as well as the activity and feedback its gotten has really gotten the ball rolling on this issue...

even ryan moody made a video about the exact same things i talk about on YouTube today. its a good video...he mentioned several things i do. here is the link for those interested.

https://youtu.be/NwXYl1Jo44A

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 02:46 PM   #42
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
im really hoping that my write up as well as the activity and feedback its gotten has really gotten the ball rolling on this issue...

even ryan moody made a video about the exact same things i talk about on YouTube today. its a good video...he mentioned several things i do. here is the link for those interested.

https://youtu.be/NwXYl1Jo44A
I would imagine he saw your post and decided to make a video, just based on the timing.
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)
Old 01-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #43
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I would imagine he saw your post and decided to make a video, just based on the timing.
perhaps...i also tweeted at him before i wrote this up....no response though lol
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2018-01-11-14-11-18.png (264.2 KB, 262 views)

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

also you can play 60 seasons in NCAA compared to 30 in Madden. I still don't know why we cant play endless seasons... makes no sense.. 2k5 you could go 100 seasons.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #45
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeteegardner
also you can play 60 seasons in NCAA compared to 30 in Madden. I still don't know why we cant play endless seasons... makes no sense.. 2k5 you could go 100 seasons.
Yeah, mystified by that myself. I'm pretty sure the franchise mode on the N64 (Madden 98/99?) was 30 seasons, haven't come very far since. EA probably looks at the data that shows almost nobody makes it past the tenth year anyway, given how dull and lifeless it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #46
Rookie

Though I have enjoyed Madden 18 more than 17, 16, 15, and 25, I agree NCAA 14 does have several superior features.

Atmosphere is better on big plays and key situations, recruiting/ team building is fun and has several tie-in factors with the coaching, ranking/ win/loss record, the location of the schools. Also, player size and weight worked really well with the infinity engine, QB scrambling and option plays feel so much more fluid, pass rush allows for more player skill and control.

I've been thinking about getting back into NCAA 14 but has anyone experienced that it runs really hot on PS3 and sometimes causes additional noise during the simming and load times while other games work fine? Thats usually why I stop playing it whenever I feel the itch to play it again.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #47
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

I only jumped to Madden (and ps4) because my last controller broke and didn't want to fork out any more on the old system. But I miss NCAA 14 every day.

The beauty was the variety of schools, conferences, play styles etc. The choices were endless. Also I loved the off-season just as much as the season.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury

The beauty was the variety of schools, conferences, play styles etc. The choices were endless. Also I loved the off-season just as much as the season.
The ability to completely change the makeup of your team in 2-4 seasons was great.

It was even more fun when your kids would mess around and not do their school work, or get in trouble off the field, and you had to suspend them or risk the NCAA getting on your butts.

It takes years to effectively change your team's strategical makeup in Madden and schematically everyone is pretty much doing the same thing at the NFL level. I loved going to a top school in the Big 10 or the SEC and installing the Wishbone, just because.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »