Home

Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

This is a discussion on Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-13-2018, 05:13 AM   #49
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeteegardner
also you can play 60 seasons in NCAA compared to 30 in Madden. I still don't know why we cant play endless seasons... makes no sense.. 2k5 you could go 100 seasons.
Maybe because they know no one will like the mode enough to play more than 30 seasons?

Hell, most gamers....even diehard fans....probably cant stand more than 5 in its current state. By that point, I imagine the poor CPU offseason AI and CPU team management will have drove some people mad.

Seriously, I agree with your point.....but they need to focus on getting to a point where more people might wanna even get to 30. If they can make the mode that engrossing....then look into expanding.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Maybe because they know no one will like the mode enough to play more than 30 seasons?

Hell, most gamers....even diehard fans....probably cant stand more than 5 in its current state. By that point, I imagine the poor CPU offseason AI and CPU team management will have drove some people mad.

Seriously, I agree with your point.....but they need to focus on getting to a point where more people might wanna even get to 30. If they can make the mode that engrossing....then look into expanding.
Well it's probably true that most people would never get anywhere near 30, it seems like a completely arbitrary number.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #51
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

everytime i play this game...i see something new... i feel a level of strategy and intrigue and excitement i just don't have playing madden because it just feels bland and boring....same ole gameplay an game every single time...smh

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2018, 05:48 PM   #52
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21

I'm at year five in mine and I'm about to throw the towel in, every single game has felt the same for all five years
Old 01-13-2018, 08:14 PM   #53
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
im really hoping that my write up as well as the activity and feedback its gotten has really gotten the ball rolling on this issue...

even ryan moody made a video about the exact same things i talk about on YouTube today. its a good video...he mentioned several things i do. here is the link for those interested.

https://youtu.be/NwXYl1Jo44A
Not a fan of him.. IMO he crosses the line between constructive and critical
Old 01-13-2018, 08:19 PM   #54
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm at year five in mine and I'm about to throw the towel in, every single game has felt the same for all five years
Yup that guy who used to be a developer is right. Franchise mode is a text based sim that allows you to jump in and play games. But it is treated like MUT where you can just put 1000 meaningless challenges up. We need effort and challenge to make franchise interesting.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 01-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #55
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Not a fan of him.. IMO he crosses the line between constructive and critical
i hear what you're saying...i think part of it is because of frustration. they are in their 5th year developing on this console generation and we haven't got a huge generational leap in gameplay or innovation...its been more of the same..

the fact we are comparing it to the last ea college game made for last gen would even indicate its regressed. unless you play online modes...this game doesn't have a strong in depth Mode for replay ability...

considering console generations are typically 6-7 years...and we are on year 5....and madden 18 is what we have...

i feel his approach is almost warranted..

because us begging for what we want with wishlist and comparison videos have got us absolutely nothing..

instead they used resources on long shot..

come on

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think for some people you could substitute NCAA 14 with 2k5 or 8 and you end with the same results.

I have no desire to even peak at Longshot, but it's winning awards from the critics. We might not like it, but the critics do.

Also, some members of OS has a positive campaign on Twitter and it's providing some results. We were discussing the pancake glitch and Clint responded for the first time it's a bug vs the AI. Also, we have been in positive dialogue with the devoloper in charge of the play calling and that has proved beneficial.

Pounding the same drum for 13 years might make people feel good and that is what a messageboard is for , but as you stated, the results haven't been there.

So, we have found a positive approach seems to work for us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »