Home

Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

This is a discussion on Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think for some people you could substitute NCAA 14 with 2k5 or 8 and you end with the same results.

I have no desire to even peak at Longshot, but it's winning awards from the critics. We might not like it, but the critics do.

Also, some members of OS has a positive campaign on Twitter and it's providing some results. We were discussing the pancake glitch and Clint responded for the first time it's a bug vs the AI. Also, we have been in positive dialogue with the devoloper in charge of the play calling and that has proved beneficial.

Pounding the same drum for 13 years might make people feel good and that is what a messageboard is for , but as you stated, the results haven't been there.

So, we have found a positive approach seems to work for us.
This is literally insane, because "Game Changers" have been "positive" feedback sources and we still see where the product is.

The other side is probably insane too. It's not like any legitimate change has been seen from that campaign either. The difference is (at least IMO) by demanding accountability and pointing out EA's blatantly unacceptable shortcomings, they are showing the market there is a desire for something different within the niche.

Ultimately, we all know money talks in this arena. The only thing that will encourage Madden to legitimately change is someone else messing with their money. Being "Yes Men" for EA does not and never has (this can be considered a historical fact at this point) worked.

We are actually seeing other football games being developed. They are nowhere near the point that they can be considered legitimate competitors, but they are out there because people are recognizing there is a desire for something different. It wasn't like that 5 years ago.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #58
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I have no desire to even peak at Longshot, but it's winning awards from the critics. We might not like it, but the critics do.0
Who cares what the critics say? They also say every year it is the best Madden ever. Isn't it more important to listen to the fans and not the critics? Oh yeah, EA, nevermind. They only care about their bank account, or at least that's the way it seems.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
This is literally insane, because "Game Changers" have been "positive" feedback sources and we still see where the product is.

The other side is probably insane too. It's not like any legitimate change has been seen from that campaign either. The difference is (at least IMO) by demanding accountability and pointing out EA's blatantly unacceptable shortcomings, they are showing the market there is a desire for something different within the niche.

Ultimately, we all know money talks in this arena. The only thing that will encourage Madden to legitimately change is someone else messing with their money. Being "Yes Men" for EA does not and never has (this can be considered a historical fact at this point) worked.

We are actually seeing other football games being developed. They are nowhere near the point that they can be considered legitimate competitors, but they are out there because people are recognizing there is a desire for something different. It wasn't like that 5 years ago.
I haven't followed the GCers program for several years, so, I can't tell you if they have influenced some changes with Madden or not.

All we are trying to do is become more of a presence on Twitter because it appears that the User vs CPU players aren't represented as much as the H2H players.

We aren't trying to set the world on fire, but trying to suggest User vs CPU improvements and so far, we like the results that we are seeing in it's infancy.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:25 PM   #60
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
The Twitter campaign just started, how can you critically judge on the merits being less than a week old? I just can't fathom someone that doesn't appreciate efforts put forward by this community and looking to suggest improvements with the game. Unreal, that's what is literally insane.

We aren't trying to set the world on fire, either.
It's pointless to engage people who have that frame of mind. All we can do is to continue to try and make positive contributions to the game, and not waste any energy on someone who pulls out a pejorative statement like "Yes Men".

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:16 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's pointless to engage people who have that frame of mind. All we can do is to continue to try and make positive contributions to the game, and not waste any energy on someone who pulls out a pejorative statement like "Yes Men".
Gamechangers engaged in "positive dialogue" as well and it proved insufficient.

I don't have to define insanity for y'all (well, maybe some of you), and I've also pointed out that blatantly negative dialog has not been a catalyst for change within the product as well.

Perhaps "yes men" was a poor choice of words. The logic behind the post is still sound. I'm happy to leave it at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2018, 11:17 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think a LOT of it comes from frustration...I get that. It seems forever since we've had a decent representation if NFL football, and it often feels as though we aren't being heard.
So, this has to be somewhat expected, I guess.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2018, 11:19 PM   #63
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I haven't followed the GCers program for several years, so, I can't tell you if they have influenced some changes with Madden or not.

All we are trying to do is become more of a presence on Twitter because it appears that the User vs CPU players aren't represented as much as the H2H players.

We aren't trying to set the world on fire, but trying to suggest User vs CPU improvements and so far, we like the results that we are seeing in it's infancy.
compare madden 05 franchise mode with madden 18..madden 17, madden 16-15-25-13-12.....

tell me which is better...more in depth...more fun..

now tell me what the community has been clammoring for an begging for the last 6 maddens..

and tell me how they have heard our cries...and given us what we want..

i get ur point and where ur coming from..

but when their very own game from 13 years ago has more features an options than its current game...and people are begging for that...and they do nothing..

u cant make excuses for it...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-14-2018, 12:12 AM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
compare madden 05 franchise mode with madden 18..madden 17, madden 16-15-25-13-12.....

tell me which is better...more in depth...more fun..

now tell me what the community has been clammoring for an begging for the last 6 maddens..

and tell me how they have heard our cries...and given us what we want..

i get ur point and where ur coming from..

but when their very own game from 13 years ago has more features an options than its current game...and people are begging for that...and they do nothing..

u cant make excuses for it...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
You could have switched NCAA14 with 2k5 & 8 with the same results.

I'm just saying beating the drum for 13 years hasn't been too successful, don't you agree?

Now that you mention it, Madden 12 was a pretty good game. I liked that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »