Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2018, 11:56 PM   #73
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
Anyone notice anything weird with cpu timeouts? Like they don’t use them when they should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh oh................

I just finished a half of a game and I was beating the CPU 31 to 9 and the CPU didn't call any timeouts.

I just figured the CPU didn't plan on calling TO's because they were down too much. I will look out for it in closer games.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:01 AM   #74
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Not sure if its just me but the game feels way tighter, player movement wise (in a good way) Im using the default roster.

I’m noticing that for sure. It also seems like gameplay is faster. Players are moving much faster to me which I like as well. Keep in mind I test patches on default all pro. 15 min 17 acc. Injuries at 20 preseason rosters.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 AM   #75
Survival Hurts.....

SilentYetViolent's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Oh oh................

I just finished a half of a game and I was beating the CPU 31 to 9 and the CPU didn't call any timeouts.

I just figured the CPU didn't plan on calling TO's because they were down too much. I will look out for it in closer games.
They definitely use their TOs. Cincy used all 3 on their final drive to beat my Texans with a Bullock field goal, 47-44.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 06:22 AM   #76
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Played my first game post-patch in my Chiefs CFM against the Cowboys. Definitely noticed the toned down fake outs. Playing on All-Madden they had become extremely annoying because it didn't seem to ever matter who was doing the move it was constantly successful and often on multiple defenders. Still had a couple though which was good to see, only one game but it felt a lot better. I wouldn't be opposed to them coming back if ratings heavily dictated the outcomes.

The pancake issue is still there. I thought it was gone but late in the game I picked up a 3rd and 1 where I pancaked pretty much their whole defense. It wasn't as common which is probably just a coincidence but it had gotten to the point in my previous games where I stopped allowing myself to run out of anything but shotgun because whenever I was in Singleback, Strong or Weak-I it would happen nearly every time. I've been out of the loop for a while but this definitely wasn't an issue at launch so I'm not sure when it popped up.

Also noticed KR's taking knees again. I don't remember giving up any returns though so I can't speak to the 'stuck-in-the-mud' that I had noticed and been seeing mentioned here.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:57 AM   #77
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

I played one game and it played really well. I also didnt see any pancake blocks on the cpu. I normally do. Im sure its still there maybe i just got lucky.

I did notice players faster with the ball and better tackling on rbs. Nice

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-10-2018, 08:32 AM   #78
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Pancake issue is alive and well.

Its an ugly bug vs the CPU and it was not their OOTB

I think it happened after patch 1.07 maybe 1.06 but not before that.

It needs to be fixed. Its inexcusable.

This game has been nothing but a giant bug vs the CPU.

So now when I see it I am not going to exploit it. I will get past the LOS and give myself up.

I have to not play the game properly to play the game.

How pathetic is that?

I mean running from a strong or weak set on downs that could be running plays (2nd and 6 even 2nd and 7 teams can run) and the CPU is freaking pass committing in a base defense?

Crappy AI, crapy code layered upon crappy code going on 10 years (since the move to PS3).

There is no excuse for this on a title like this from a multi billion dollar game developer.

It’s plain ridiculous.

We are dinosaurs. Playing vs the CPU is something Madden could care less about. It is painfully obvious with how this release went. Here we are in January and we still can’t play a good clean game vs the CPU.

When House Rules will force me to lay down because 3-4 DL on in unison out on their *** on 2nd and 6 it’s time to just say.......

Good bye Madden 18.

I tried. But this is stupidity.

Madden 16, NCAA 14

Those games work and work marvelously compared to this bug fest.

Peace everyone. Hopefully they patch the pancake BS.

But I doubt it. It was designed to combat online cheesers.

But what happened to separate game modes? Competitive, simulation.

Oh don’t get me started.

Shame on EA.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I finished my half last night and didn't encounter the pancake once.

I must have a lucky streak going, but it shouldn't be there in the first place.

The game seems to be playing tighter to me, too and the jukes and spin moves have been toned down.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:58 AM   #80
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Pancake issue is alive and well.

Its an ugly bug vs the CPU and it was not their OOTB

I think it happened after patch 1.07 maybe 1.06 but not before that.

It needs to be fixed. Its inexcusable.

This game has been nothing but a giant bug vs the CPU.

So now when I see it I am not going to exploit it. I will get past the LOS and give myself up.

I have to not play the game properly to play the game.

How pathetic is that?

I mean running from a strong or weak set on downs that could be running plays (2nd and 6 even 2nd and 7 teams can run) and the CPU is freaking pass committing in a base defense?

Crappy AI, crapy code layered upon crappy code going on 10 years (since the move to PS3).

There is no excuse for this on a title like this from a multi billion dollar game developer.

It’s plain ridiculous.

We are dinosaurs. Playing vs the CPU is something Madden could care less about. It is painfully obvious with how this release went. Here we are in January and we still can’t play a good clean game vs the CPU.

When House Rules will force me to lay down because 3-4 DL on in unison out on their *** on 2nd and 6 it’s time to just say.......

Good bye Madden 18.

I tried. But this is stupidity.

Madden 16, NCAA 14

Those games work and work marvelously compared to this bug fest.

Peace everyone. Hopefully they patch the pancake BS.

But I doubt it. It was designed to combat online cheesers.

But what happened to separate game modes? Competitive, simulation.

Oh don’t get me started.

Shame on EA.

While i totally understand that frustration, i just want to point out, its not just a feeling among those who just play offline against cpu.

In the 7 years i've ran our online league, year round, i have Never heard such distain for a madden as i have this year. Long time guys who have stuck around hoping EA would produce a better game, have finally given up and quite. The league was the only reason they kept coming back but even that, after a while dont give you enough enjoyment when you have to constantly deal with issues this game presents year after year after year. People are wore out really . Many of our guys ( including myself) have talked about this being the last madden. Again NEVER before has it been this bad, i mean people have been upset in years past , but this year is taking the cake . Its not just in our league either, ive heard this same exact feeling from alot of other online commishes i've spoken with. We are all tired of the lip service , and failed executions. Im only saying this because i want it to be clear, its not just an offline gamer issue here.

I can totally understand the frustration even as one who only plays online in our league .This game lacks so much in the realm of physics, good AI , working mechanics , forced animations forcing gameplay ,horrible challenge system , sliders that are questionable at best, lack of penalties for "sim mode" , lack of real differences between sim and comp mode other than less inj and none existant penalties ( not much less than sim mode), i could go on , but why bother?

This is how many sim gamers feel , offline and online alike .Sad but true.

Side note, has anyone else had any issues of game freezing now when trying to call a play after the patch and not allowing you to pick a play? I asked because it happened to a couple guys last night in our league after patch, curious if it was just random thing or something due to patch.....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »