Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

2nd game post patch, I had 4 fumbles in the 1st half. 2 by my QB, 1 by a WR and 1 by a TE. My QB has a low CAR rating (62), so I passed his fumbles off on that. The WR fumble got my attention. The TE fumble involved that asinine "jump" animation when you go for a RAC. I was so frustrated, I raged quit. Hate doing that, but the frustration got the best of me. At least I didn't throw my controller. lol

Last edited by Grey_Osprey; 01-10-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #90
Rookie

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Can somebody tell me that the 'mud' and 'pancake' issues came with 1.08? I'm still on 1.07 and haven't noticed them, albeit in a small sample size (three games).
Old 01-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #91
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anyone played a few games yet with the cover ball trait set to 'Never' like we had to in 1.08? Curious if they are seeing anything wonky with it still set that way in 1.09.

Just debating if I need to go back and re-edit guys for this new patch or if I can just leave "as is".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Has anyone played a few games yet with the cover ball trait set to 'Never' like we had to in 1.08? Curious if they are seeing anything wonky with it still set that way in 1.09.

Just debating if I need to go back and re-edit guys for this new patch or if I can just leave "as is".
I played some test quarters and halves with iMac's roster and thought the game still looked excellent with that roster and its traits edits. Obviously, if brace hits traits have been edited, big hitter needs to be edited too, which is the case in iMac's roster.

I, personally, plan to continue as-is, since I like that roster. Nothing seems broken to me.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #93
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Can somebody tell me that the 'mud' and 'pancake' issues came with 1.08? I'm still on 1.07 and haven't noticed them, albeit in a small sample size (three games).

The pancake issues have been around prior to 1.7. I am still on 1.7 and that is my only issue with the game. The stuck in the mud issue was introduced in 1.8.

I am still debating if I want to move to 1.9 since I am getting good results on 1.7.....
Old 01-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #94
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Played my second game and had 2 pancake issues despite not having any on game one.

Both resulted in a td one was a 6 yard run and the other a 76 yard run.

They just need to get rid of the pass commit for the cpu its killing the simulation game. Like armor said isnt there 2 game modes now? This should be in competitive only not sim.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #95
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Played my second game and had 2 pancake issues despite not having any on game one.

They just need to get rid of the pass commit for the cpu its killing the simulation game. Like armor said isnt there 2 game modes now? This should be in competitive only not sim.

Yeah, but Iím not so sure that a broad functionality like this is tied to the game styles. It seems more and more like the mode tuning is specific to how ratings play out and not more global settings like that. Pure speculation on my part but based on the types of things they have tuned for particular game modes, it seems to be more related to ratings interactions and how they play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #96
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28

Yeah, when it happens and i notice it I just stop and get tackled. Ive just made it a house rule in my head. It looks silly but so does running it to the house for 80yrds lol. Thing is they obviously dont have the ability to differentiate the 2 modes at the moment clearly. Its either all or nothing and we know which way EA is going to go on this at the moment. I try and make the best of it. I see guys with slider sets that have paragraphs of house rules, so whats another one lol.
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »