Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2018, 11:25 PM   #153
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Never seen this before, but just had it happen on a user interception return. One of my defenders was shadow boxing all by himself instead of helping block on the return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHmQAReWeIc
My only issue with that one besides the shadow boxing/dancing is the tipped volleyball set interception. That needs to be toned down a bit.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:28 PM   #154
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My only issue with that one besides the shadow boxing/dancing is the tipped volleyball set interception. That needs to be toned down a bit.
The deflections are definitely a bit crazy. I had a forced fumble one time fly backwards 30 yards and go out-of-bounds. The CPU was looking at something like 2nd or 3rd and 40+ yards.

I have even user deflected/tipped interceptions to myself, but those usually aren't crazy deflections.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:13 AM   #155
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Its really not as bad as you think.
Ratings boost is not acceptable for what I want.
I've tried AM on every version and I'm never happy with it.
It's cool if others don't mind it but I do unfortunately.

With that being said IF Armor or others I trust come back and say players are playing to their ratings ie.. everyday normal players not playing like Pro Bowlers etc.. Then I'll possibly reconsider.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 01-13-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2018, 12:24 AM   #156
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Heck I like the shadow boxing lol
You see that a few times (real) where players think play is over and do some dance or something..
Yes it wasn't intended by devs to be that way , but I'll take anything that shows some life in the game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-13-2018, 04:48 AM   #157
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

With that being said IF Armor or others I trust come back and say players are playing to their ratings ie.. everyday normal players not playing like Pro Bowlers etc.. Then I'll possibly reconsider.
I agree with him with that it's really not that bad but I definitely understand where you're coming from and it's been something that has definitely frustrated me in my CFM. And really I think it just comes down to how much you're willing to put up with. I've never been able to play on All-Pro so it's All-Madden or bust for me but All-Madden definitely seems more tailored around just pure challenge than anything else.

From my experience though ratings do matter but there are definitely some areas where it seems like All-Madden just won't allow them to. For instance if you have a weakness on the line it's going to constantly be exposed. I have Zach Fulton at C where he's rated an 82 OVR but only has 73 for run block and in my season if an opposing interior lineman has anywhere near 80 for block shed it's just insta-sheds all day in the run game. Part of that I like but at certain points it definitely feels like the ratings are close enough to where it should be a far more even matchup which is where it can get frustrating. And then at the same time my RT has 83 for pass blocking but is just a turnstile against absolutely everyone and has given up 17 sacks in 14 games. Just speaking offensively though I think it plays well. I've got Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce and they're both really effective as their ratings dictate and outside of that I have a bunch of very mediocre players who are still capable of making plays but it's far less likely. I made it through I think 8 games with Alex Smith before he was injured and I placed him on IR and went to Mahomes and I've seen a noticeable drop off in accuracy.

On the other side of the coin though defensively is where All-Madden at it's worst IMO and it's on both sides but specifically pass defense. It doesn't seem like ratings matter at all on either side in this case. Whether it's good or great man coverage players it seems like there's always five yards of separation if I'm playing man and then in zone players are more often than not just completely oblivious to everything going on around them and just stand around. I could probably count on both hands the amount of times I've seen a WR/DB interaction while playing D in my current season just because nobody is ever close enough to actually trigger one and that's by far the most frustrating aspect I'm dealing with. On the other side though it's the exact opposite, coverage is almost always tight and their defenders are extremely active and fundamental playing zones and it makes things very tough at times which is great but it does feel like it's at the expense of ratings which is unfortunate. Same kind of thing goes for pressure on the quarterback. One thing the patch really helped out with was the fake outs though. They were becoming unbearable on All-Madden but it's so much better now.

Overall though it's a lot of give and take. Some areas play well and some feel like they can't be saved and you just have to chalk it up to being All-Madden. I'm 6-8 in my current CFM though and it's been a good combination of fun and frustrating and I'm looking forward to making some adjustments going into the next season.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #158
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Posted a thread with this question, but also thought I would post here since this thread seems to be more active and I can't get PS support or EA, via Twitter, to provide support either. Original post below:

"I'll be as brief and as succinct as I can be. I have a digital copy of Madden 18. After the game automatically downloaded patch 1.09, my digital copy would not start. I kept receiving an error message.

I searched the internet for some assistance and this board. The main suggestion was that the patch may have corrupted game files and a re-install may be needed.

I have re-installed the game 2x's now. Once connected to WiFi and the other time via LAN/hardwire. Each time, the game starts up with no issues. However, only PLAY NOW is available and it is the super bowl rematch at that. Everything else like MUT, Longshot, Franchise says it's "installing". I will leave it to finish installing for a few hours and no change at all.

Is there a step that I am overlooking? I just want to play Madden and it seems I can't. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but, I think it's odd. I previously downloaded a historic roster and when the game loads and only gives me the option to replay the Pats/Falcons Super Bowl, it is with those historic rosters. So I know the system is reading the save files, but it just won't install the whole game for some reason.

This is on PS4 btw. A big "Thank You" to anyone who can provide an assist so that I can start enjoying the game again."
Old 01-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #159
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

I totally get what you're saying.

What I've found in my short time on All-Madden, is that you absolutely have to give the User an advantage with the sliders. As opposed to giving the Cpu the advantage on All-Pro. It helps tremendously with the nonsense that goes on with AM. It was like that in 17, and appears to that way this year. I've had to tremendously lower the cpu sliders in every category, even more so than some sliders posted here at OS.

At that point it's almost playing to the level of All-Pro. The Biggest difference being, the Cpu really, really tries to win. Its at that point, where it could be viewed as Cpu boosts and cheapness. But it's been minimal for me personally.

I really do think Madden has taken some steps forward the last 3 years. Unfortunately the biggest step backwards has been the cpu ai. Specifically at QB.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #160
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Posted a thread with this question, but also thought I would post here since this thread seems to be more active and I can't get PS support or EA, via Twitter, to provide support either. Original post below:

"I'll be as brief and as succinct as I can be. I have a digital copy of Madden 18. After the game automatically downloaded patch 1.09, my digital copy would not start. I kept receiving an error message.

I searched the internet for some assistance and this board. The main suggestion was that the patch may have corrupted game files and a re-install may be needed.

I have re-installed the game 2x's now. Once connected to WiFi and the other time via LAN/hardwire. Each time, the game starts up with no issues. However, only PLAY NOW is available and it is the super bowl rematch at that. Everything else like MUT, Longshot, Franchise says it's "installing". I will leave it to finish installing for a few hours and no change at all.

Is there a step that I am overlooking? I just want to play Madden and it seems I can't. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but, I think it's odd. I previously downloaded a historic roster and when the game loads and only gives me the option to replay the Pats/Falcons Super Bowl, it is with those historic rosters. So I know the system is reading the save files, but it just won't install the whole game for some reason.

This is on PS4 btw. A big "Thank You" to anyone who can provide an assist so that I can start enjoying the game again."
It sounds like the download isn't finished. The digital version will allow you to play play now games while the rest of the game continues to download...just my thoughts.
If you look under notifications on ps4, it will show the first part is finished, and also show how much of the TOTAL game download is left to finish.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »