Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #33
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden Patch!

What a glorious day new patch..Shula got fired ..

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwrestler11
If they wanted to do something like that, they should have made it where if you pass commit on a run your blockers can't get off the blocks quick at all. Instead of making your whole line get pancaked.
They simply aren't as worried about creating a football game as they are a video game.

I've completely lost faith in this team following this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #35
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
Unfortunately, I am not at all sure that the stuck in the mud issue is fixed. Iíve played 1/2 of football since the update and LeSean McCoy has 11 carries for 21 yards against me. With me manually changing the covers ball trait, teams were running much better against me.

Say it ainít so.....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Game mode: All Pro or All Madden?
Play the same game a few times and see, then a few more times with edits to traits, see what comes out of it.

I'm changing certain traits and have been since M17.
EX. Changing HBs TEs, and FBs to Makes Sideline catches: yes. Seems to help keep them from catching and running straight Out.
Changing low rated QBs to Throws tight spiral: No
Allows more organic tips and gives the D tighter coverage, also leads to more ints, so I've dropped user/cpu int: 33.
There's a thread already made for Sliders with Traits adjusted, it's the beginning of getting a better Sim experience, imo.
Flazko AM purple set.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
It definitely does. I've called every play I've ran since I bought the game.

It seems tied to 2 and 3 TE formations. It also seems to crop up more at the end of games.

The only time it ever happened to me was when the CPU took over my playcalling at the end of the game, 4 minute offense. I called my own play from that, but the CPU brought up 4 minute offense. If I would have continued to use my normal formations play calling, I didn't think I would see the pancakes again.

I picked a running play to chew the clock and all the defensive players were flattened. I fell to the ground, controlled the game play calling from there on out, and it's never happened again after 3 seasons in since I took over play calling.

Interesting find, though, thanks for the heads up, I'll continue to look out for it.

Last edited by roadman; 01-09-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #38
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I asked Clint about the pancakes on pass commit by the cpu , we'll see if it can be avoided or not, if he replies I'll report back.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 2

So that answers my question.. Those of us that play PTM or CPU vs. CPU are stuck with the pancake issue. Plain and simple.. Players like us are screwed once again.. Joy for joy.. Way to go EA.. brilliant design. Just absolutely brilliant.. No fix coming.

Thanks again.. Just keep catering to the MUT OL crowd.. At least you are showing your true colors..
Old 01-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #40
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
It definitely does. I've called every play I've ran since I bought the game.

It seems tied to 2 and 3 TE formations. It also seems to crop up more at the end of games.

Yea you are right I have called my own plays don't even look at Suggestions but it happens twice per game with me..Its usually when you are in a pass situation or formation and run the ball..It's terrible and it sometimes happens at crucial times..the game has turned into a mess but most dissapointed in the lack of EA even trying to tune the Sim Mode..which tells me there is no sim mode.. I have put it up and on to 2K..when you have to wait a whole season to have adequate fixes there is a serious disconnect with the Developers..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »