Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #57
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

The ball carrier issue was definitely addressed and fixed. Hasn't been happening to me and I've played a number of test games today in Cloud CFM.

I'm real curious to see how those changes to ball carrier fakes will be.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #58
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Re: New Madden Patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Has anyone noticed if the kickoff returns are still being brought out no matter how deep the kick ?
Provide some context to your post. What kick-off coverage did you use? Did you kick in that direction? How deep were the kicks into the endzone? Was the weather raining? If it was windy what direction was the wind and did you kick into the wind?

Those all matter in determining whether a CPU returner takes the ball out.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #59
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Any other report on CPU ball carriers? I see one or two said it seemed fixed, but one said it wasn't?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #60
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Provide some context to your post. What kick-off coverage did you use? Did you kick in that direction? How deep were the kicks into the endzone? Was the weather raining? If it was windy what direction was the wind and did you kick into the wind?

Those all matter in determining whether a CPU returner takes the ball out.
It actually is an issue from the patch before this. The cpu would take the ball out no matter how deep in the endzone they were. It was not like that before. So catching it 6-7 yds deep, and not getting past the 18 yd line was a problem. This did tie into the covering the ball trait as well, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #61
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
It actually is an issue from the patch before this. The cpu would take the ball out no matter how deep in the endzone they were. It was not like that before. So catching it 6-7 yds deep, and not getting past the 18 yd line was a problem. This did tie into the covering the ball trait as well, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
It wasn't an issue for every user prior to the patch. I think there were more than the ball trait impacting a CPU returner bringing the ball out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
This is probably the last patch for Madden this year. If it fixes the stuck in mud issue, and doesn't cause new issues, then I am actually pretty happy with the game this year. I know there are still a host of mind boggling and ridiculous issues, but all in all, I am having some really fun football games.
they were updating madden 17 after march, so i doubt this will be the last one.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #63
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wow, thanks, I'll keep an eye out, but so far, knock on wood, it's only occurred once in my 3 seasons prior to the title update.
It should only happen when users call dime, quarter, or like formations against a heavy run formation. Which, according to clints ver batim Twitter messages regarding this, "it serves you right for picking a terrible formation (from a tactical perspective) against a heavy formation. I kinda see the logic just bad execution
Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #64
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
It should only happen when users call dime, quarter, or like formations against a heavy run formation. Which, according to clints ver batim Twitter messages regarding this, "it serves you right for picking a terrible formation (from a tactical perspective) against a heavy formation. I kinda see the logic just bad execution
The problem is not on the user side, it's on the CPU. They are penalized for using the pass commit feature (regardless of the defensive formation; it happens in base defenses and nickel as well) which they use at the most unrealistic times (3rd and short, 4th quarter while trailing when the user will almost certainly run the ball). They need to either tone down the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the commit feature, or eliminate the CPU's ability to utilize it entirely if they're not going to use it logically.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »