Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #57
Pro
 
Devaster's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

The ball carrier issue was definitely addressed and fixed. Hasn't been happening to me and I've played a number of test games today in Cloud CFM.

I'm real curious to see how those changes to ball carrier fakes will be.
Devaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #58
Pro
 
Devaster's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: New Madden Patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Has anyone noticed if the kickoff returns are still being brought out no matter how deep the kick ?
Provide some context to your post. What kick-off coverage did you use? Did you kick in that direction? How deep were the kicks into the endzone? Was the weather raining? If it was windy what direction was the wind and did you kick into the wind?

Those all matter in determining whether a CPU returner takes the ball out.
Devaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #59
All Star
 
callmetaternuts's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St Pete (ish) Florida
Blog Entries: 10
Re: New Madden Patch!

Any other report on CPU ball carriers? I see one or two said it seemed fixed, but one said it wasn't?
__________________
Check out my Tampa Bay Buccaneers CFM Thread.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
callmetaternuts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #60
MVP
 
cable guy's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,231
Re: New Madden Patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Provide some context to your post. What kick-off coverage did you use? Did you kick in that direction? How deep were the kicks into the endzone? Was the weather raining? If it was windy what direction was the wind and did you kick into the wind?

Those all matter in determining whether a CPU returner takes the ball out.
It actually is an issue from the patch before this. The cpu would take the ball out no matter how deep in the endzone they were. It was not like that before. So catching it 6-7 yds deep, and not getting past the 18 yd line was a problem. This did tie into the covering the ball trait as well, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
cable guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #61
Pro
 
Devaster's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: New Madden Patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
It actually is an issue from the patch before this. The cpu would take the ball out no matter how deep in the endzone they were. It was not like that before. So catching it 6-7 yds deep, and not getting past the 18 yd line was a problem. This did tie into the covering the ball trait as well, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
It wasn't an issue for every user prior to the patch. I think there were more than the ball trait impacting a CPU returner bringing the ball out.
Devaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #62
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Re: New Madden Patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
This is probably the last patch for Madden this year. If it fixes the stuck in mud issue, and doesn't cause new issues, then I am actually pretty happy with the game this year. I know there are still a host of mind boggling and ridiculous issues, but all in all, I am having some really fun football games.
they were updating madden 17 after march, so i doubt this will be the last one.
Shogunreaper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #63
MVP
 
BlackBetty15's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Re: New Madden Patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wow, thanks, I'll keep an eye out, but so far, knock on wood, it's only occurred once in my 3 seasons prior to the title update.
It should only happen when users call dime, quarter, or like formations against a heavy run formation. Which, according to clints ver batim Twitter messages regarding this, "it serves you right for picking a terrible formation (from a tactical perspective) against a heavy formation. I kinda see the logic just bad execution
__________________
"Im all jacked up on mountain dew!"
" Im just a big hairy american winning machine"
BlackBetty15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #64
Pro
 
DucksForever's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Dec 2012
Blog Entries: 15
Re: New Madden Patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
It should only happen when users call dime, quarter, or like formations against a heavy run formation. Which, according to clints ver batim Twitter messages regarding this, "it serves you right for picking a terrible formation (from a tactical perspective) against a heavy formation. I kinda see the logic just bad execution
The problem is not on the user side, it's on the CPU. They are penalized for using the pass commit feature (regardless of the defensive formation; it happens in base defenses and nickel as well) which they use at the most unrealistic times (3rd and short, 4th quarter while trailing when the user will almost certainly run the ball). They need to either tone down the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the commit feature, or eliminate the CPU's ability to utilize it entirely if they're not going to use it logically.
__________________
Cup or Bust (NHL 13)

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
DucksForever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Top -