Home

Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #65
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New Madden Patch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
The problem is not on the user side, it's on the CPU. They are penalized for using the pass commit feature (regardless of the defensive formation; it happens in base defenses and nickel as well) which they use at the most unrealistic times (3rd and short, 4th quarter while trailing when the user will almost certainly run the ball). They need to either tone down the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the commit feature, or eliminate the CPU's ability to utilize it entirely if they're not going to use it logically.
Yep, I agree. If its not working correctly just take that out for the CPU. Don't make it worse then adding a bad bandaid fix. Like your trying to replicate a sport & be authentic, but yet your making guys dump to the ground as a workaround? I dont see it that often but it bugs me that this is actually a thing at this state of the game & development.
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."

Last edited by Milticket; 01-09-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #66
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
This is probably the last patch for Madden this year. If it fixes the stuck in mud issue, and doesn't cause new issues, then I am actually pretty happy with the game this year. I know there are still a host of mind boggling and ridiculous issues, but all in all, I am having some really fun football games.
me too. this game is great.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #67
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Has anyone noticed if the kickoff returns are still being brought out no matter how deep the kick ?

Yes, it's fixed. I honestly noticed it was fixed late last night before this patch even came out. So I don't know what they did but it definitely was a issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 01-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yep, I agree. If its not working correctly just take that out for the CPU. Don't make it worse then adding a bad bandaid fix. Like your trying to replicate a sport & be authentic, but yet your making guys dump to the ground as a workaround? I dont see it that often but it bugs me that this is actually a thing at this state of the game & development.
Maybe default team defensive playbooks mess up the game with the pancake because I see it happen, but itís not for 80 yard gains and it happens once ever three games or so.

I always use the generic defensive playbooks for both sides in cpu vs cpu action. Havenít played with the new patch, but previously this hasnít been a gamebreaking glitch for me. I think itís team default playbooks. Those things are The Devil.

Playing with generic playbooks is like a patch/tune in itself.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #69
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.09 Available, Patch Notes Here

Not sure if its just me but the game feels way tighter, player movement wise (in a good way) Im using the default roster.
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."

Last edited by Milticket; 01-09-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Not sure if its just me but the game feels way tighter, player movement wise. Im using the default roster.
If you want to loosen it, drop tackle, raise fumble. 40 tack/60 fumble might be a good place to start—depending how “tight” the game is.

I’m going to test my cpu set with default. It may play better that way. Seems like people like the sliders i came up with more than i do and they’re using default. You get too far into the future, there’s a lot fo trait editing that needs to be done.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0

Anyone notice anything weird with cpu timeouts? Like they donít use them when they should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #72
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Another workaround, yeah the dreaded workarounds, but if you see daylight with all D on the ground, hit the deck and fall down if and when it happens.

It doesn't happen when you call your own plays.
Not necessarily true. I always call all my own plays and have still seen it happen.

Sent from my VS995 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »