Home

How Do you Guys Run Your Franchise?

This is a discussion on How Do you Guys Run Your Franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
How Do you Guys Run Your Franchise?

We always try and Keep our franchise as realistic as possible.

But will you move a player to a different position if you feel he would be better there?

For example a MLB to ROLB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Do you Guys Run Your Franchise?

Yes, of course. Moving players between like positions is completely realistic.

I have moved linebackers to the D-Line and vice versa. I have moved CB's to Safety positions. Probably the most unrealistic thing I did was move a very underweight offensive linemen I drafted to the fullback position. That might be a bit too far, but all other changes are normal.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Yeah I have been debating making move because the player doesnt play that position in real life. Even though in real life they have considered moving him there
Old 01-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I look at it like this...it's your own personal world, you can do whatever you want.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:26 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I've seen the CPU convert some OLBs to DEs during the offseason when switching from 34 to 43. Like I saw Andy Reid retire and the Chiefs switched to 43 with new HC....Justin Houston switched to LE....

So...if the CPU will do it....I don't see why not.

I DO however like the idea of only doing the official position edits in offseason to simulate "learning a new position" but if changes are made during the season, they are only depth chart moves...so you get that ratings hit for guys playing out of position.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-10-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 03:16 AM   #6
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll move guys around if it gets them on the field or fills a hole opened by injuries. Perhaps a drafted LB to S, guys who played QB in college moved back if to help if starter and/or 2nd string is down, move a guy who's buried at one spot to another that gets him some playing time, etc. Moving ST players to different spots to help get them on field (due to sub limitations), especially long snappers in CFM.

Won't make silly or exploitive moves, DT to S, K to DT, P to OL, keep it logical.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #7
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

I will increase ratings or traits of guys on other teams when their stars start to decline. I also will switch positions to get their best 11 on the field. If a 3-4 team signs a bunch of 4-3 OLBs or 4-3 DEs I will move them around to fit their scheme best. Just little tweaks to keep other teams competitive.

In years past when teams would draft 3 QB's I would sometimes take the time to move them to other teams for other positions they drafted. It took so long, usually I would nuke the franchise if it got too bad.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #8
Rookie

I move players around as long as it makes since. Like if I draft a 3-4 end that would be a better 4-3 DT i'll move him. I'll move LB around to add dept or get someone more playing time.

I'll also move players on other teams if theyre out of place. Like a 3-4 team with a 285lbs NT and a 330lbs DE. I'll flip them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »