Home

What QB styles are best represented? Or worst?

This is a discussion on What QB styles are best represented? Or worst? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm sure this has been touched on but what QBs unique style is beat represented & which needs improved for 19. I'm thinking of throwing motions & tendencies. Tendency to throw on the run and such. Tendency to look to run. Which QB throwing animation looks nothing like the actual player?

Running has been poorly represented so I guess that's one area that definitely needs work.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 12:07 AM   #2
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What QB styles are best represented? Or worst?

ALL QB's need revamped.
They ALL should have their real-life throwing motion, is that difficult to get,.and implement?
It would be amazing if the QB's tendencies aligned with their real-life tendencies.
Ex.
1. Tendency to TOR vs staying in the pocket
2. Tendency to throw(situational) 1st, 2nd 3rd
And ON and on......

Qbs need more love on Madden 19!
Think if they implemented how many adjustments a qb can make pre-snap. They've proven they could get P. Manning to play his style in the past!
He'd audible and actually pick an adjustment that would beat your D, if you adjusted and audibled to counter, Peyton would OMAHA!(is that Peyton or Eli?) His way back to his original call lol.
What if they used true data to a Qbs 3rd %, pass %, etc.
The list could go on for what the CPU qb needs fixed.

How bout we get rid of that throwing back across the field, even when they have throw ball away: yes.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't really think there is any QB style that is best represented mainly just because it seems like there is just one style that is applied to all the QB's. Whatever patch made QB's run definitely helped at separating the scrambling QB's a bit but even then it still seems like all the QB's still act the same and the only difference is sometimes they run now. This is probably 1 or 1a with player movement as wants for Madden 19. I remember Big showing something from like M15 (maybe even earlier) touting "True to Life QB AI" and that definitely hasn't come anywhere near to fruition yet and QB AI seems like something that is constantly all over the place.

QB is the most important position on the field and they HAVE to feel unique when you're playing them. When you're playing Brady it should be hard as hell to sack him because of how aware he is and how good he moves in the pocket. When you're playing Rodgers you should feel his ability to create and keep his eyes down field. When you're playing Russell Wilson you should feel the chaos and unpredictability on every snap. If you're playing a rookie with low AWR he should have trouble making multiple reads and so on and so on. It sucks playing game after game and never really feeling enough differentiation there. It's one of those things like line play and player movement though where it's almost certainly going to have to be a multi-year implementation to take it where it is now to somewhere solid and they haven't really shown a desire to do that with features.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
When you're playing Brady it should be hard as hell to sack him because of how aware he is and how good he moves in the pocket.
they'll need to fix player interaction with the line.

So many times i'll try to step up in the pocket only to brush against my line and fall down like i lost all the strength in my body.

but real life brady strives in that type of situation.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

I wish release speed mattered. There's a reason Garoppolo had success with a crappy 49ers O-line while Kaepernick struggled with one. One has an elite release speed and one has a long wind up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't really think there is any QB style that is best represented mainly just because it seems like there is just one style that is applied to all the QB's. Whatever patch made QB's run definitely helped at separating the scrambling QB's a bit but even then it still seems like all the QB's still act the same and the only difference is sometimes they run now. This is probably 1 or 1a with player movement as wants for Madden 19. I remember Big showing something from like M15 (maybe even earlier) touting "True to Life QB AI" and that definitely hasn't come anywhere near to fruition yet and QB AI seems like something that is constantly all over the place.

QB is the most important position on the field and they HAVE to feel unique when you're playing them. When you're playing Brady it should be hard as hell to sack him because of how aware he is and how good he moves in the pocket. When you're playing Rodgers you should feel his ability to create and keep his eyes down field. When you're playing Russell Wilson you should feel the chaos and unpredictability on every snap. If you're playing a rookie with low AWR he should have trouble making multiple reads and so on and so on. It sucks playing game after game and never really feeling enough differentiation there. It's one of those things like line play and player movement though where it's almost certainly going to have to be a multi-year implementation to take it where it is now to somewhere solid and they haven't really shown a desire to do that with features.
QB is the most important position in sports. And yes, whatever they can implement to really get that feeling of QB style/tendency, would be the best thing this series could do for itself. Imo Whether playing against the cpu or H2H, EA would do itself a favor in going in this direction.

Offline, PLEASE make the cpu QB SMARTER!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-23-2018, 11:44 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm not even sure there are many distinct throwing motions. They have something that looks like Philip Rivers and a few others. Release speed isn't varied enough either.

Coming from last gen, I was surprised at how similar the QB movements were. Not much of an upgrade. As far as AI, there were some things quarterbacks did better on last gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by jmarcguy; 01-24-2018 at 12:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »