Home

Basic Franchise Questions

This is a discussion on Basic Franchise Questions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
Pro

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Basic Franchise Questions

Hi all. Just had a few basic franchise questions maybe some people could help me with.

1. Using XP & Players Improving: I let the CPU do the XP for me because I just don't like being able to put the points wherever I want to upgrade, it feels almost like cheating to me since it would seem that I can basically make any player as good as I wanted without any variability.The issue is it seems like a bunch of my guys aren't improving at all My questions are: Do the players only go up in ratings when XP is used or are there other ways for them to get better ? Where can you see the ratings change ? Do they ever get better at the end of the year from aging ( I know they regress) ?

2. Retirements : At the end of my past season Jason Peters retired, I guess. He just suddenly wasn't on my roster and isn't on any other team. Is there somewhere you can see the retirement list after the season ?

3. Kickers and Punters : Is there any reason to keep a kicker or punter that isn't just the cheapest you can get ? Seems to me like they have become the old backup offensive linemen before the off-ball injuries they added (which I love by the way, the injuries I mean). I have no name cheap guys because it seems like I can still make crazy good punts and basically make all the kicks with no consequence.

Thoughts, help ?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Basic Franchise Questions

#1 - CPU doesn't hold onto xp, so it's possible it's being spent on low skills and they're having no impact on OVR. Skills only increase from XP. Development rating can go up from awards.

#2 - Go to transactions and you can view retired players. R2/RT to select only retired players.

#3 - No big differences. My K/P usually selected to pro bowl each year. I globally lowered accuracy 10 points and Ks not as automatic.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0

#1: You should be able to view progression history in the player's card. Keep in mind it will only be the recent history. A player will not get better with age...ever.

I would consider doing XP yourself. You can still have the CPU guide you on what is appropriate and it really isn't cheating because attributes that could break a position are typically hard to train anyways. Like, you won't be able to get any up to 99 speed or strength or something like that without banking XP for multiple season.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
Pro

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks for responding !

"I globally lowered accuracy 10 points and Ks not as automatic."

: When you did this does the CPU end up missing anything inside of 50 yards ? Also did you just have to go team by team. Does it make the kicks for simmed games a lot worse or do you do it before each game then switch it back ?

Last edited by cch99; 01-17-2018 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added more
Old 01-17-2018, 07:40 PM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

It doesn't effect sim'd games. I did this to the roster outside of CFM before I started, every kicker was dropped 10 points ACC but I added 10 points to their AWR, which kept the net OVR change limited, or for most, no change at all. You could do it before each game as well, though I suggest adding the AWR so that their OVR doesn't drop and make CPU sign replacement.

Kicks from about 45 and out aren't as automatic as before, you see some kicks fall short or go wide when they try from 50-55. Since I'm only playing my games I can't see a large sample, but from what I've noticed XP kicks are still automatic and chip shots too. At least now when I stop the at the 30 it feels like I still have a chance of getting away with no points allowed.

I've been even tempted to drop my kickers an additional 5 points, to make it a little harder. Anything below 71/72 accuracy for CPU results in too many missed kicks, but a user can go much further down.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »