Home

Old 01-19-2018, 06:05 AM   #9
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: QB gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Just think, if Cam was facing man coverage 14× in a game (irl) and they never contain or spy, how many times would he just take off, as soon as he saw the DBs turn!.
The closer the game gets to sim, the more football knowledge and strategy will pay off, not just button mashing and XP for things irrelevant to winning on the field.
If Rex is really behind a sim movement, we may see a more improved ai. And playing calling logic. What if calling the same defense was exploited by the CPU and they adjusted according, just like they actually used those MS Surface's lol
This. I bet op was a cover2 man linebacker user in previous Maddens. Mixing up your play calling like real football helps so much.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:40 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Spy and contain is your friend
Ive started using more spy and its helped and I like them taking advantage of the coverage but it seems like they were running when there was no pressure and taking off before the WR even had a chance to run a route to get open which was annoying.

Now I'm running into the issue of QBs just running to the side seeing the spy and they either just run out of bounds or take the sack instead of trying to run and beat the spy or throwing it away.

Last edited by webbjay82; 01-19-2018 at 10:47 AM. Reason: misspell
Old 01-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
This. I bet op was a cover2 man linebacker user in previous Maddens. Mixing up your play calling like real football helps so much.
I'm about 50/50 with running zone or man and usually control the weak side DE with a no switch rule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #12
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
Ive started using more spy and its helped and I like them taking advantage of the coverage but it seems like they were running when there was no pressure and taking off before the WR even had a chance to run a route to get open which was annoying.

Now I'm running into the issue of QBs just running to the side seeing the spy and they either just run out of bounds or take the sack instead of trying to run and beat the spy or throwing it away.
Contain & Spy, keep him in the pocket, make him throw.
Spy by itself is just a shadow of the qb. Unless you user or right stick down I believe makes the Spy go after the qb, if it's still in m18
Old 01-19-2018, 10:36 PM   #13
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Contain & Spy, keep him in the pocket, make him throw.
Spy by itself is just a shadow of the qb. Unless you user or right stick down I believe makes the Spy go after the qb, if it's still in m18
Yep click the right stick, its still in.

Playing:
Old 01-21-2018, 04:43 AM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
I'm about 50/50 with running zone or man and usually control the weak side DE with a no switch rule.
50/50 is unrealistic. NFL teams combine run man coverage only 34.9% of the time. Like I said, your problem is unrealistic play calling. That is why you get unrealistic running of CPU QB. Call plays realistically and you will see more realistic QB running.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...eme-tendencies

"The league is overall a zone-heavy league. All 32 teams combined to run zone coverage on 59.0 percent of snaps with just 34.9 percent man coverage (the remaining 6.1 percent falling into a miscellaneous category including prevent, red zone, and goal line defenses which can contain elements of both and don’t sit accurately in a typical coverage shell)."

Even the most man-coverage heavy team in the league failed to hit 50% man coverage in 2016.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #15
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
50/50 is unrealistic. NFL teams combine run man coverage only 34.9% of the time. Like I said, your problem is unrealistic play calling. That is why you get unrealistic running of CPU QB. Call plays realistically and you will see more realistic QB running.

"The league is overall a zone-heavy league. All 32 teams combined to run zone coverage on 59.0 percent of snaps with just 34.9 percent man coverage (the remaining 6.1 percent falling into a miscellaneous category including prevent, red zone, and goal line defenses which can contain elements of both and don’t sit accurately in a typical coverage shell)."

Even the most man-coverage heavy team in the league failed to hit 50% man coverage in 2016.
Somebody please share this w/ the Devo team! CPU needs a revamped playcalling system and/or a more modern star system for playcalling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #16
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Excellent post alot of people don't realize that the NFL is a zone scheme league..Going man opens you up to big plays or penalties and its almost impossible to cover a NFL Wr if you don't have a good pressure front..a blitz is either risk/reward and eventually a team will burn you..Most teams make a team earn it down the field knowing that eventually the QB is going to make a mistake..I am glad that the scrambling QB's run on you when you play Madden that's realistic..you have to have a zone scheme and contain a QB like Cam..I just wish that man coverage was penalized more in Madden.. DH implemented the prior two years was great at punishing man coverage..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »