Home

QB gameplay

This is a discussion on QB gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-16-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
QB gameplay

I have tried changing sliders, difficulty, speed parity, game speed, traits you name it. I have continuous played Panthers vs 49ers trying to get some good results but Cam scrambles way to much about 14 carries a game. I have him on balance. Jimmy G continous throws off his back foot he is also on balance. Any ideas how to tone this down? Something else do you think it has anything with pass blocking slider? Another thing when there is a scramble I rarely see the player slide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: QB gameplay

Pocket passer setting and throws ball away = yes might cure that. Not very realistic setting for Cam but the game makes you do funny things.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
I have tried changing sliders, difficulty, speed parity, game speed, traits you name it. I have continuous played Panthers vs 49ers trying to get some good results but Cam scrambles way to much about 14 carries a game. I have him on balance. Jimmy G continous throws off his back foot he is also on balance. Any ideas how to tone this down? Something else do you think it has anything with pass blocking slider? Another thing when there is a scramble I rarely see the player slide.
I would recommend setting him to balanced instead of mobile & scrambling to balanced. Works well
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."
Old 01-16-2018, 07:34 PM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
Jimmy G throws off his back foot in real life. All the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU&t=2m14s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU&t=2m42s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU&t=2m50s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hADLqB2XEU&t=3m14s

That's one game. He did it multiple times in every game this year.

As for Cam scrambling, try calling a different defense. When I play mobile QBs on 12 minute quarters on All Madden I only see about 4 to 5 qb runs per game.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm going to have to start playing with sliders too because I can't even run man coverage anymore because it seems like as soon as the qb drops back against man he's taking off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #6
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
I'm going to have to start playing with sliders too because I can't even run man coverage anymore because it seems like as soon as the qb drops back against man he's taking off
Spy and contain is your friend
Old 01-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
That's exactly what running quarterbacks look for.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 02:27 AM   #8
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Just think, if Cam was facing man coverage 14 in a game (irl) and they never contain or spy, how many times would he just take off, as soon as he saw the DBs turn!.
The closer the game gets to sim, the more football knowledge and strategy will pay off, not just button mashing and XP for things irrelevant to winning on the field.
If Rex is really behind a sim movement, we may see a more improved ai. And playing calling logic. What if calling the same defense was exploited by the CPU and they adjusted according, just like they actually used those MS Surface's lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »