Home

Questions about Tight End position in CFM

This is a discussion on Questions about Tight End position in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-23-2018, 09:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Questions about Tight End position in CFM

I “appreciate” the thoughts on the quality on the league I’m in. I’m in a league with friends and we can “play” the video game the way it was made. If the game allows it - we allow it. We prefer to spend our time playing the game rather than officiating it. I respect that others play it differently and enjoy it.

My point / question was really just focused on why the game approaches the TE position as it does and why WRs can get such a ovr rating bump by moving to TE.

Only other position I’ve seen that with is moving a DE to DT - but that is at least a bit easier to envision.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #10
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
I “appreciate” the thoughts on the quality on the league I’m in. I’m in a league with friends and we can “play” the video game the way it was made. If the game allows it - we allow it. We prefer to spend our time playing the game rather than officiating it. I respect that others play it differently and enjoy it.

My point / question was really just focused on why the game approaches the TE position as it does and why WRs can get such a ovr rating bump by moving to TE.

Only other position I’ve seen that with is moving a DE to DT - but that is at least a bit easier to envision.
Well, while I appreciate your sentiment, the sad truth is that Madden is not a perfect game, and "house rules" can help mitigate some of those flaws.

But as for why the substitution limitations, that's just EA Tiburon trying to be realistic (and thank you to them for every time they do that).
Old 01-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #11
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesx10
For some reason my entire backup offensive line always goes to the pro bowl even if my starters don’t. In fact my current online fantasy draft I drafted really well and I had all 10 lineman in the pro bowl as I also lead the league in rushing. Now I have 4/5 of my backups as quick development. It’s rather ridiculous even if it creates great trade bait for me in the future because all my backups were younger than 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah this is rather annoying. I find a bunch of my backup OLinemen going to the PB if I have a good season rushing/passing. I don't take a lot of sacks. I've had starters on my OL miss a few games and miss the PB in those seasons, but my backups will all go.

I don't like it either. I'd rather see OLinemen around the league getting PB nods and not my backups. I just end up trading my backups to OL-needy teams. But OL is also far too easy to develop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #12
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

They need a slight overhaul of awards. Walter Payton Award, All-Pros (unless they have that and I’m just blind), things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

in real life the pro bowl needs to recognize a lot of teams play the 3-4, mlbers get the short end when voting is opened. classic nfc example willis/bowman were great pairing in 3-4 then you add Luke and only 2 get selected vs 4 olb and lots of dline
Old 01-24-2018, 06:22 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Yeah this is rather annoying. I find a bunch of my backup OLinemen going to the PB if I have a good season rushing/passing. I don't take a lot of sacks. I've had starters on my OL miss a few games and miss the PB in those seasons, but my backups will all go.

I don't like it either. I'd rather see OLinemen around the league getting PB nods and not my backups. I just end up trading my backups to OL-needy teams. But OL is also far too easy to develop.
Yeah I'm 12 games in to my season and my back up LT, who has played 13 snaps all season is in the top ten for the O-lineman of the year award. He made the pro bowl as a back up last year and somehow got 64,000 Xp. I've never seen that much XP given out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »